beechworth , bright and mt beauty

crim 87

Likes Dirt
hey guys im heading away for the long weekend up to oxley , and will be making a few day trips to beechworth and or bright and Mt beauty just wondering if anyone had info/suggestions/trail maps for these areas. i def will be doing beechworth to keep the mrs happy at the shops , bakery and brewery. which do you reckon are better out of bright , mt beauty and help would be ace cheers guys

crim 87

Likes Dirt
any types of mtb but i love going downhill with berms and jumps and drop offs but am happy to climb cause it makes me enjoy going down much more. found some maps of beechworth for the flame trees trail and mtb park so def going to hit both those up.

nonch

Likes Bikes
Flametrees at Beechworth is flat and flowy - no climbs or descents there. Still well worth a look though. But there are plenty of both at the MTB Park.

T-Rex

Template denier
Bright.

Bright just hosted the last round of the national series two weeks ago.

Steepest legal DH track that I've encountered in Australia by a long shot. And the climb on the XC track was brutal by all accounts, however I'm sure you could avoid the climb and just ride at valley level .

Riding around town is also really nice, bikes everywere, Bright Brewery is a good place for a home brew and a feed. And for longer easy rides I think it's interconnected with rail trails to other towns in the area. I reckon it's worth a road trip from Sydney, it's that good.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
awsome sounds yeah im up for giving most things a crack that aren't completely crazy. so im guessing there is also a mtb park in bright ?? does anyone know if there are any spots for a swim in beechworth or bright like a lake or creek ?? cheers again guys

Shredden

Knows his goats
awsome sounds yeah im up for giving most things a crack that aren't completely crazy. so im guessing there is also a mtb park in bright ?? does anyone know if there are any spots for a swim in beechworth or bright like a lake or creek ?? cheers again guys
Big ass river runs right through the middle of town.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
awsome thanks guys fingers crossed it gets warm enough if not always good for a wade to ease those sore legs so does the river run through bright or beechworth or both ??

T-Rex

Template denier
awsome thanks guys fingers crossed it gets warm enough if not always good for a wade to ease those sore legs so does the river run through bright or beechworth or both ??
The Ovens River runs through Bright, and the swimming hole is right behind the Bright Brewery.

I also heard the boys talking about a flooded quarry about 20 minutes out of town that was apparently pretty good for swimming, but don't know the details.

Beechworth from memory (going back to a camping trip 15 years ago) has a small lake.

nonch

Likes Bikes
The Ovens River runs through Bright, and the swimming hole is right behind the Bright Brewery.

I also heard the boys talking about a flooded quarry about 20 minutes out of town that was apparently pretty good for swimming, but don't know the details.

Beechworth from memory (going back to a camping trip 15 years ago) has a small lake.
The flooded quarry would probably be Chinaman's, which is down Cavedon Lane just outside Porepunkah, but I think the road in is pretty shot at the moment, and besides that, it's probably not too easy to find if you don't have someone with you who's been there before. But yeah, there are brilliant swimming holes all around Bright, but Morses Creek in town is the easiest to access.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
cheers guys anyone know if the trail in bright they used for the all mountain series is still there and rideable ??