Been a loooong time..

Grrilla

Likes Bikes
Hey all, I used to be pretty active on here and on my bike - a ridiculously heavy old downhill rig. Always ridden bikes since about 4 years old, but I eventually stopped riding as gym and other pursuits took over. It's stayed in the back of my mind for a few years and lately I've been wanting to get back into it.

Last year we welcomed our little gremlin into the world and he's now juuust old enough to fit into a front seat - so the downhill bike was sold and I snagged a new-to-me Specialized Status 160 for what I thought was a good deal. In good condition except for the rear rim, few little upgraded bits and it is an absolute blast to ride!

Coming from a 26in the mullet setup took a little bit of getting used to but think it's helped me fall in love with riding all over again.

20240209_180343-01-01_remastered.jpg

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Nice one, welcome back into the fold.

Speaking of folds, that rear tyre looks like it might do with a few more heaves on the pump!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I probably should have mentioned, I stopped on the way home from picking it up for a quick 10 minute ride up and back down a fire trail.. 9m30s in and a random branch sheared through the spokes, flattened the rear and bent the derailleur cage :rolleyes:
Daaaaang, that's some horrible luck for a first hit out!