Before and After: My new frame

rhyno

Likes Dirt
I got a new frame off here for a greeny, spent a yellowy on paint and two greenies on a shock.... here's what happened.

Before:

After:

As you can see, it's my blur optics ad on wheels.

Thanks to the Plow school of frame painting.

Attachments

rhyno

Likes Dirt
looks awesome.
Maybe a 66RCX2 and an E-13 drs would make a great freeride machine.
:)
It's an old xc machine, but i'm picturing a lightweight 4x build up. I've gotta get a headset today and a 30.0 post, and i'll chuck all my gear from my vario on it to test it out. If all goes well, i'll be saving up for another highend build kit, if it feels like crap, it'll either get sold, or become an xc training rig.

MrPlow

TMBC
what sort of paint did you use? was it a spray can or otherwise?
Look for the painting thread in general discussions (I think, or parts n stuff??)

Shit man, that looks great!
By the way, a mate of mine has the same bike in original build, his is a DH spec with triple clamp RST's, so 4X isn't out of the question.

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for that, that Painting thread is very thorough. might be more than I was planning to do at the moment though. Might just put some wax on the frame for protection.

Awesome job on that frame though, looks great

rhyno

Likes Dirt
Look for the painting thread in general discussions (I think, or parts n stuff??)

Shit man, that looks great!
By the way, a mate of mine has the same bike in original build, his is a DH spec with triple clamp RST's, so 4X isn't out of the question.

Thanks, couldn't have done it anywhere near as well without your tute. I made a few modifications to the frame: filled down and puttied the bottle holder threads on the top of the top tube, and ground off and puttied the V brake bosses. I'm pretty happy with it.