beginner magura problems

mcrae

Likes Bikes
uh ive just started riding... bought a second hand zhi z1 and have put it all together, ive noiced when im riding relatively slowly sometimes the rear magura is gripping onto the rim, as far as i know its a ground zhi rim and they are eco pads, if any of you can help that would be good

coops22

Likes Bikes
Is the wheel in straight? Is it a buckle its grabbing on? I think there is a dial on the lever which adjusts the pads in and out relative to the rim.

mcrae

Likes Bikes
I think there is a dial on the lever which adjusts the pads in and out relative to the rim.[/QUOte]

uuuh is that on the brake lever?

pretty positive its sitting in the frame properly.....

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
We need to know exactly what's happening. Lift the bike off the ground, spin the back wheel slowly while keeping your eye on the pad that's rubbing. Is it rubbing the rim ALL the time or intermitently? Intermitently meand the rim has a buckle in it... ALL the time means the brakes need adjusting (the pads need to be shifted OUT from the rim). Don't rely on the lever adjuster though as it's probably broken (2nd hand bike :rolleyes:) and you'll probably have to re-adjust the pad positions manually.

mcrae

Likes Bikes
uuuuuuuh its not happening all the time but when it does it happens it happens intermetently.... but its ok for now... i snapped a chain link just then so im out until tomorrow when the shops open back up... maybe ill get the rim checked as well.... but im not really trusting of the bike shop in town "sportspower" :p

Last edited: