Beginner trails

Roastin

Likes Bikes
hi all i'm looking for some easy xc trails easily accisible by train......i'll be riding single speed and will be bringing some girls who are virgin xc'ers......any suggestions??

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LOL. Bring on the Banging Stick admin :p

Anyways, I made this post here yesterday, but I didnt work :x There are some good trails at the YouYangs, near Lara and Little River, Bot the riding areas are a fari hike from the train stations though...Good Riding though, Especialy at the Stockyards. (get off at Little River)

The Western Plantaition is a good area for beginners, it's not so hilly with mostly easy singletrack, with a few small technical setions. Best getting off at Lara if your going there, but like I said theres a few road miles involved which ever route you take.

Also note that Melbourne - Geelong - Melbourne trains aren't runnig between the 04/01 till about mid Feb, which sucks I know, but during summer the Stockyards is a very hot dustbowl anyways.

The Dandynongs (sp) have some pretty good riding, dont ask me where though, but quiet a few stations up there have trails around them.

Hope I helped some. PM me if you want more "directions" to get to the YouYangs, could even meet you's up there sometime :wink:

-Cul

tu plang

knob
:oops: sorry... dont say the b word... if i got banned from farkin i may be forced to do something rash... i might even get off this chair and clean my room... nah seriously sorry bout that one... but i meant steal their virginity in a riding sense as in take them for a bicycle ride but yeah on a whole i wasnt being very helpful :(
oh and im not being a smart arse, but could u point me in the direction of my other sus post/s just so i know where the line is and how far over it i stepped :wink:

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
easy trails

for trails that are fairly easy skill wise and access wise the trails around ivanhoe and the eastern freeway track have got to be the go. if u want come on wednesday night at 6.30pm, ivanhoe scout hall and tag along with the fatties club ride. there are always a fast and slow group and even sometimes a medium group.

probably perfect trails for what u want, flat and not to techy.

cya out there.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Grab yourself a copy of "Off Road Cycling Adventures", it has heaps of rides accessible by train. I bought it a few days ago so I haven't had time to do any of the rides but there's heaps in there.

8)

lotec

Banned
Fuzzy said:
LordNikon said:
Grab yourself a copy of "Off Road Cycling Adventures",
8)
russell coight?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i can soooooooo imagine him burning around on a bike 8) fitting it with a bullbar and trying to ram down trees etc :lol: