Being filmed on the trails by RC helicopter - would it bother you?

While out for a ride, would you care if you were filmed from RC helicopter?

• Total voters

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
A pathway to filming unapproved trail usage ... Incorporate face recognition technology to allow staff to raise fee income and every np will have 4 shifts of predator pilots with npa over watch to keep our precious parks, uhmmm precious and unused ...

No thanks, not without my permission and knowledge at time of filming.

why would you want to film unknowns riding anyway ? You'd film your mates or somebody rad surely! And they'd give permission.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
A pathway to filming unapproved trail usage ... Incorporate face recognition technology to allow staff to raise fee income
Unless this is a clever subterfuge on the part of the likes of Bell, 661, TLD, POC, Giro etc (aka 'Big Helmet') to get people to shell out for expensive full-face headgear in order to avoid prosecution...

redbruce

Eats Squid
No thanks, not without my permission and knowledge at time of filming.

why would you want to film unknowns riding anyway ? You'd film your mates or somebody rad surely! And they'd give permission.
Agree and if kids are present may well find it a contravention under the Privacy Act as well (assuming public display, eg youtube).

http://www.alrc.gov.au/publications...ildren and Young People/taking-photographs-an

I wouldn't take the generally accepting view of this forum as reflective of the general publics view either.

We use a UAV for agricultural research (measure ground cover, crop nutrient status, etc through remote sensing) and have experienced a lot of rural objections due to privacy concerns. Also last year a local kid flew a quad with gopro over the caravan park we were staying in and a lynch mob (mostly young parents) quickly formed trying to knock it out of the air.

Last edited: