Bender who???

DH_DEVIL

Likes Dirt
hey

ive heard alot about his bender guy, but ive never seen any vids or pics of his skill, so if anyone has anything could they please post it up

cheers:D

berkyburger123

Likes Dirt
Theres another thread called bender drop i think, and it has a vid of him doing a drop, and rooting himself, and saying philosophical crap too

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fattyandthepiemakers said:
all u need to know about bender can be found at this website... www.google.com :D . Anyway, i agree, bender is the craziest rider there is. Gotta love his attatude though... and his 12" bikes. :p
nah not really....

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
That man must have no pain threashold (sp)

He is in the same league as Johnny Knoxville for doing stupid shit that should get themselves killed, but somehow doesn't.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At the risk of getting boo'ed off the FR board.... Bender has no skill, droping "xxx" amount of feet then hitting the dirt like a tart is not skill, it stupidity. :p

Loads of "Freeriders" have much more skill, and style too... I could name a few, but do I really need to?

Righto,

First things first, Bender yes may come across as a tool for stacking large drops all the time, BUT has anyone stopped to think about how he rides trails? DH? or even street/jumps, fair enough bag tha man out if he only does one sort of riding and still sucks at it, but he is actually a versatile rider.
Its just his public face the wow factor and advertisability of massive hucks that grab the eye, which I believe to be his reasons for being like he is on film.
I remember reading an MBUK article about their trip to whistler, and whislt there they hit the trails with Vanderham and Bender for a day and they were taken aback and rather surprise at Benders skill on a bike as they had only seen him doing the big drops.
I guess I'm just saying do a bit of back ground before you go on bagging someones skill, as it just seems to me that a few people blindly say he's a shit rider and every one else gets the sheep mentality and follows along, its just been bugging me for some time now.

Tim.
[/rant]

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cúl-Báire said:
At the risk of getting boo'ed off the FR board.... Bender has no skill, droping "xxx" amount of feet then hitting the dirt like a tart is not skill, it stupidity. :p

Loads of "Freeriders" have much more skill, and style too... I could name a few, but do I really need to?
Did you see him on Drop-in series 3 - the Virgin utah episode? The guy can ride. Blonde kid on morphine is right - you only see him attempting the big-mutha-huckers because they are so big.

And hey, we don't pick on you for the poor spelling in your signature do we?;)

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Christo said:
Did you see him on Drop-in series 3 - the Virgin Utah episode? The guy can ride. Blonde kid on morphine is right - you only see him attempting the big-mutha-huckers because they are so big.
Christo said:

And hey, we don't pick on you for the poor spelling in your signature do we?

Heehaw fixed the sig Thanx

Perhaps I didn’t quiet make my point clearly enough... or worded it wrong, as looks to be the more likely situation.

What I meant, was dropping and smacking the dirt is no real skill. It takes no skill to smack the dirt, believe me I've tried it- albeit not doing drops If bender has riding skills, why not show them off more often as opposed to throwing himself off a 100' cliff.

Personally, I’ll think of Peaty, CG, John Tomac… And many others as riders with great skills (Quiet a few Aussies too) before thinking of Bender's "skills"; so if he has it why not show it off?

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Cúl-Báire said:
... so if he has it why not show it off?
Because anyone, straight off the street will be impressed by someone throwing themselves off a cliff while it takes at least a little bit of experience to understand how impressive railing an off camber corner, in the wet with both feet on the pedals is. If you can appeal to the average joe you'll sell many more videos than if your vid is only appealing to hardcore riders.

Acidman

Likes Dirt
i dont think most of you even start to think about the work he actually puts into his riding. and yes he does a hell of a lot of huck to splat but from reading an article in a older declined mag(i think it was) you realise that there is more to the man. i though as a rider you might be able to approciate that everyone has ther own style wants needs and expectations from riding and everyone should be mature enough to stop and think and learn before you jump and bag the shit out of somthing. cos im shore you guys are all perfect riders to. sorry for the rant but some how i think watch him helps me think well if he can try a hella big drop again and again then i can try a new trick while out jump or dropping or whatever.