bent disc

Xtremefreak

Likes Dirt
hey guys i was riding around to day and had a bit of a crash and just ended up with a bent disc it isnt to bad but it is noticible. when you ride it the disc still dosn't howl should a bother about buying a new one or wil it slowly come back into shape from a good day riding heating it up a bit. if any one had any suggestions throw them this way.

Cheers alec

MTB_91

Likes Dirt
Use a shifter. Spin wheel. Where its out, give it a little tweak. Repeat process until good.

shakes

Likes Dirt
Use a shifter. Spin wheel. Where its out, give it a little tweak. Repeat process until good.
x2

your finger's will just gunk up the disc with oil's and wont really do all that much a big shifter is the best bet.

randy spangler990

Likes Dirt
i'v bent 2 pretty badly.
both times cost me $15 and i got a next to brand new one off this forum.
for sale area, have a look see ;)

i found they make a nice thing to hang on my wall :D

RahXavi

Likes Dirt
you can either get one of those rubber hammers (forgot what they are called) and bang it back into shape or take it to your lbs and they can sometimes do it for under $15. And no when your disc is bent you can not straighten it by riding on it.

flognoffsky

Banned
this guy is on the money...dont use a mallet stragiht on the disc take it off an put it on a flat lever surface if its really bad...

there is a fine art to it...your better off taking it to your lbs because they should beable to get it pretty much straight again

tidlibitz

Likes Dirt
well my friend said that u get a oxye torch and heat it up and hit it with a wooden hammer or put in a vice and bend it

i kind of dont think it would work cos u might get flat spots and it getsa thinner but anyways

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
well my friend said that u get a oxye torch and heat it up and hit it with a wooden hammer or put in a vice and bend it

i kind of dont think it would work cos u might get flat spots and it getsa thinner but anyways
If you touch the disc with a torch it will become a wall ornament.:mad:
If is not singing when you ride it dont worry about it.