Bent Rotor

MJBIKER

Squid
Managed to bend my rotor today in a crash, I was wondering if anybody has some tips on bending them back or straightening them. I'm sure this has happened to others and i'm keen to find out how they fixed their. So how do you think I could fix it or would I have to buy a new one?

ChopSticks

Banned
theres a tool for straightening rotors... or theres always an adjustable spanner/wrench

provided its not completely screwed... you might be able to salvage it....

moorey

call me Mia
Straightened dozens. Depends how fingered. I use an adjustable wrench also. Take it slowly, bend abs hold for a few secs, don't do short sharp movements. YouTube it, but ignore the kid on his garage floor, I'd suggest.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Straightened dozens. Depends how fingered. I use an adjustable wrench also. Take it slowly, bend abs hold for a few secs, don't do short sharp movements. YouTube it, but ignore the kid on his garage floor, I'd suggest.
Sounds like I should send mine to you. I have a Jet Black lightweight job that I have wasted hours of my life on...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If it's a Shimano IceTech it's probably farked. The aluminium core layer is too soft & not springy enough to reset properly; it just winds up kinked & horrible (been there, done that). Otherwise, patience & persistence will get it right. Once you've ot it straight enough to run through the brake, you can actually use the caliper for fine-tuning, 'cos you'll see & hear where it's rubbing on the way through.