Best bike for these criteria???

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
So I was having a think today about what would make the ultimate All Mountain Bicycle. The following criteria came to mind and i realised my current ride doesn't meet all of my ideal wants.

So i put it you Rotor Burners; Whats the best bike that meets these criteria??

I'm thinking something to jump on and ride ( a production bike, Not a frame and build)

- 140 to 160mm of travel front and rear
- 4 bar, Horst, VPP etc (no single pivots)
- Something around 67-68 degree head angle 72ish degree seat tube angle
- Medium chainstay length
- Shorter than usual cockpit ( i like my Blur LT's Length in medium)
- Rear maxle
- 20mm or 15mm QR/Maxle front hub
- 22/34/Bash or similar
- Alloy frame
- Lock on grips
- Shimano xt/Sram X9 level or better running gear
- Decent Hydro's 200/180mm combo
- Remote Adjustable Seatpost
- good front and rear stiffness
- Not fussed on suspension, something that works well, (Fox Float, RS Lyric, RP23??)

What do you think?

anything you would add or take away?
Do any bikes currently available meet this list or most of it?

Nicko

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
yeah thats pretty much the only thing my blur doesnt match up with, although thats after a few mods.

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
perhaps i wasn't clear. I dont want to get a new bike. I was just testing the water to see what was around with these specs and see what other people found important for an ultimate bike.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I know its a single pivot, but I'm all over Trek's Remedy. Mine sits under 13kg stock, and I reckon it will be sub 12 with the next round of race mods. Strong enough to downhill, light enough for 100km races. The best thing is the fact that the headtube is nice and short, so you can get your bars low (better for climbing and cornering).

If you have excluded single pivots on your list, why did you include the FSR linkage (which behaves in the same manner)?

KWICKS

Likes Dirt
I ended up with a similar set of criteria trying to find the bike. I have a Nomad now. It descends awesomely, it climbs technical stuff very well too, but I'd like to make it faster to pedal up the hill. I need to rip some weight out of the build in upgrades, it's 16.3kg in a large frame at the moment.