besT bike of the year

Adi

It's my birthday!
Nah dood, i was reffering to the derraileur hanger not the actual derraileur. looks like a giant plate that is in the shape of a square....

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Adin said:
Nah dood, i was reffering to the derraileur hanger not the actual derraileur. looks like a giant plate that is in the shape of a square....
because its part of the chaintug i think

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:

not nesserally with those forks but u get the idea, also PX bommer, .243 or blafa mm
No offence to you or Ben (owner/ex-owner), but that thing is a piece of shit. What is it good for? Street riding? Try hopping that thing anywhere... DH racing? Heavier and more expensive than a half-decent duallie...

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bens battle bike doesn't look like that anymore. Ben himself said it was just too much fork for a hardtail.
It now looks like this

This isn't the pic i was looking for, was actually looking for Sam Bs original setup before he went rigid but this is my favourite frame from the last years or so.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Socket said:
No offence to you or Ben (owner/ex-owner), but that thing is a piece of shit. What is it good for? Street riding? Try hopping that thing anywhere... DH racing? Heavier and more expensive than a half-decent duallie...
Come one Steve, street bike??? Hahaha. Looks like it would make a nice huck bike though.

G

Gutty said:
Bens battle bike doesn't look like that anymore. Ben himself said it was just too much fork for a hardtail.
It now looks like this
Thats a sweet bike... I love the fox Forx.....and what rims are they?? they look pretty farkin sweet

S.

ex offender
wombat said:
Socket said:
Come one Steve, street bike??? Hahaha. Looks like it would make a nice huck bike though.
Why exactly would you want such a heavy, overly expensive HARDTAIL for hucking? You could buy a 8x8" dually for the same price as that... either way it's still dumb IMO.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
andrew said:
Adin said:
because its part of the chaintug i think

yeah the on-one doesn't have a der hanger so you need one of these

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
that crazy bike of "Bens" has got no front brake either, looks like the caliper didn't fit or something

i might be weird but i'm kinda fond of front brakes, especially if theres already a disc on there and the bike looks heavy enough to plow through a garage door

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
creepyjoe said:
it's got no front brake either, looks like the caliper didn't fit or something

i might be weird but i'm kinda fond of front brakes, especially if theres already a disc on there
i'm sure he just hadn't put it on yet...

i wouldn't mind riding that behemoth, it'd be fun. Owning it however...

Ryan

Radministrator
Kalem, is that an on-one brand chaintug/der hanger? Looks vastly superior to my DMR tug/hanger, I might have to look into getting one.
Congrats on going Pro kalem, Overposter awaits ;)

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ryan said:
Kalem, is that an on-one brand chaintug/der hanger? Looks vastly superior to my DMR tug/hanger, I might have to look into getting one.
Congrats on going Pro kalem, Overposter awaits ;)
oh shit, i didn't see that! I wanna be hardcore, makes me sound tough! Yep it is a On-one hanger, not cheap tho' click meee

fastrider gus

super huck
bens 24 looks unreal with the S8's!!! not too far off my set up :p
just an extra inch on the front...
tell you what though! when your tired, you just dont wanna ride the thing though.. its soooooo slow on the tarmac! but its so smooth...

bazza

look at me
cut him some slack

come on you wouldnt say no to the beast (the hardtail with triples) if hes got the money to do it then what the fark hey. but still wrenchscience. com i think has a nice place to set up awesome beasts (sorry farkin.net if posting that is wrong) but yeah give it a look. my ultimate hog would be the m1 with spinnergy wheelset, dorados..duh and the skills and mind of the legend that is 'kovarik'.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Socket, going big on a HT is fun, going bigger than a duallie is funner? (orgasmic :lol:)?

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fastrider gus said:
bens 24 looks unreal with the S8's!!! not too far off my set up :p
just an extra inch on the front...
tell you what though! when your tired, you just dont wanna ride the thing though.. its soooooo slow on the tarmac! but its so smooth...
Actually you out do him by an inch Gus, that S8 has been reduced to 6" travel.