Best Bits in and around Rotorua

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
Off to Rotorua on friday morning just after some opinions and advice on best tracks, spots to ride in or around Rotorua. As well as any other activities worth having a go at while i am there, cheers.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Off to Rotorua on friday morning just after some opinions and advice on best tracks, spots to ride in or around Rotorua. As well as any other activities worth having a go at while i am there, cheers.
Theres one main hill which has plenty of trails. There is a shuttle crew that operates on weekends there if you dont want a huge pushup.

Oh and check out the luge. Best fun off a bike.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out Taupo as well, has both XC and DH tracks and can be a really nice place to visit.
45 mins drive south of Rotorua...

Cronar

Likes Dirt
Split Enz << Make sure you ride it, one of the best tracks i've ever ridden. Corners is damn good too. Shuttle Wednesday arvo and weekends. Blue lake is great for a post ride swim.

And stay the hell away from the stink pits ... touristy hellholes!

Taupo is good too, but only if you have time, the Roto tracks are much better.

guern

Squid
i've been to rotorua a few times and every time make sure that i go visit zippys cafe. Best coffee in town, plus it's always full of riders! Probably an easy way to meet a bunch of fellow minded people whilst chomping down on a bagel and coffee.

Oh and don't worry you will get used rotoruas unique smell in a day or so

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
The forest will be packed on Saturday - over 900 riders at the Singlespeed World Champs.

If you turn up on Friday, Bike Culture have a regular ride that leaves the shop at 5pm, which is a good introduction to the trails.

bedazzler

Cannon Fodder
Make sure you ride the trail called 'Be Rude Not to' As the name suggests it would be rude not to ride it as it is awesome!
When you hit the chute with the carpet take your fingers off the brakes and enjoy the flowing berms to the end.