Best camera for DHing shots?

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
I checked out the Pentax K-x, looks like a great DSLR but its $750, body only. I have never owned a DSLR but from what I researched its another
$300+ for the lens.

What do you think of a Canon 450D? There is one on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Canon-450d-5...emQQptZAU_Digital_Cameras?hash=item1e5907aa5f

I'm a Nikon fan, so my opinion will obviously be a little biased. But for similar money you can get the Nikon d3000 for (approx $700 body only) or you'll probably find a few Nikon d60's around too.

Personally I would definately go for either the Nikon or Canon, theres plenty of support, gear is easy to find, and... you just cant go wrong with them. They are the two most popular brands for a reason.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to rubbish the Pentax, but my opinion is to stick with Canon or Nikon.

Edit: That ebay add looks good.

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nikon/ Cannon etc - any reputable brand (much like bikes) will produce a quality product - a lot of the support one way or the other is simply personal preference

The guys in specialty camera stores tend to be very knowledgable on their product - a proverbial gold mine of info is in their head