Best Choppers Ever!!

S.

ex offender
wombat said:
Eh, I really dont get the appeal, gimme a 996 anyday.
996s are outdated MATE. 999 if you want a ponceabout machine, MV Agusta if ya want sex appeal, and GSX-R1000 if you wanna go DAMN FAST!

wombat

Lives in a hole
You troll :p
The 996 was sex on wheels, and would look very nice alngside a Harwood rep.
As for the GSX-R, yeah they're nice, one of my mates just got a new one, cept it's in bits being race prepped for next years X-treme series. Should be a barrel of laughs considering he managed to blow his 600 into like a million bits...ah shit, I'm missing the GP!

Dicky

Punter God
those things rock!!! - especially the spiderman bike in the Theme Bikes section.
please note that i will soon be posting photos of a homebuilt bike with similar geometry... as soon as i can get the BB installed properly.

:D

Dicky

Punter God
lowrider

ah yeah sorry i sorta forgot the most important bit. no it's not motorised.

one of my mates' neighbours built it ages ago, he never used it, so it sat out in his driveway rusting for months (the V12 Chevy restoration was takin too much of his time). my mate got it, and couldn't store it, so we folded all the seats down in his Tarago, and with the back wheel against the rear door, and the front wheel poking into the passenger's head, we took it to my place.

here's some numbers and things about it:

custom homebuilt lowrider, made entirely of 1" square steel tubing
with a BMX BB and 1" headtube welded on
wheelbase is approx 9 feet
crown race (bottom of the steerer) to front dropouts is 3 feet - rigid fork
needs about 2 full length BMX chains (i think about 190 links) to get from the 46t chrome chainring to the 3 speed Shimano rear hub
12" rise chrome bars (yes 12")
22" chrome rims (fullysickbro :p) with whitewalled slicks
black banana style cruiser seat, sits about 3 inches directly above the rear wheel

at the moment i'm basically restoring it, well, cutting the tail end off (see photos) and attaching the new seat, adding lots of chrome, a matt black paintjob, and some sort of lighting system (with batteries housed in a motorbike fuel tank cowling). check back here in a few days, i'll start up a thread with some 'before' and some 'during' photos up, and the 'after' hopefully soon...

and yeah, i'm crazy. :mrgreen:

Dicky

Punter God
Re: lowrider

wombat said:
Dicky said:
(see photos)
What photos? Where? I'm lost....
my bad, sort of. later on in the post it says i haven't put em up yet. the film's in getting developed at the moment.
methinks me needs a digi...