bethextrem1

Likes Dirt
What's the best Dj fork, must be;

2010 model
20mm through axle
80-100mm
light weight (sub 2kg)

Thanks B

ps I have a set of float 36's. While they are good there has to be something better.

Last edited:

csd

Likes Dirt
Generally, most forks that are under 2kg and have 80-100mm travel are going to be more XC oriented, with the exception of X-Fusion Velvets (12mm QR) and Fox 831s (15mm QR). You could run a set of Reba's or Revelation's with a 20mm maxle light if you're not doing any huge stuff, or maybe look at some Pike 454 Air U-Turns (2.1 kg) which are a bit more heavy duty, otherwise I'd just stick with your Fox's.

Last edited:

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
Hey mate

I have a set of 2010 dual air xx revelations lowerEd to 90mm and they air great. Have been hammered with aired footjams, can jams etc. Front cases, disasters and just stuff I really though I wouldn't be able to do with these forks as they sit at only 1600 grams.

They feel great and have only had a small proplem with toppin out due to air in the oil. But there good now.

Recommend them but pretty hefty price.

Rrp is something like near 1400 but go mine for 800 off universal cycles!!! Only a week to get shipped over as well. Recommend tthem

bethextrem1

Likes Dirt
So basically there is nothing better than what I've got, with 20mm through axle. 2.177kg

Last edited:

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
So basically there is nothing better than what I've got, with 20mm through axle. 2.177kg
I take it you didn't take any notice of my post then?

Rs revelation or Reba in dual air
fox 32series floats or 823
Are also good options and better then yoou have now

patto_15

Wheel size expert
For dirt jumping, you have the best already.. If you want something in the same market of awesomeness, 831's.. But thats about it.. Anything else is good for the price but in performance wise, don't come close to Fox...

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm still curious about the longevity of the 831. I reckon stick with what you've got. Lower them, get them serviced, they should work very well.

dirtjump

Squid
yer i agree if i must can i ask a question i have dj4s and carnt find if when im rideing street where i should have then hard or soft ca you plz give me some help thanks

csd

Likes Dirt
yer i agree if i must can i ask a question i have dj4s and carnt find if when im rideing street where i should have then hard or soft ca you plz give me some help thanks
I'm guessing it's school holidays again...

Please take the time to write coherently, and without any MSN/text speak :)

el~rio

Likes Dirt
I'm guessing it's school holidays again...
I've seen that posted a few times but its still dam funny.

Anyway, so dirtjump doesn't have to post again, hard so they don't absorb the forces your putting through the bike eg. pumping.

konastuff_08

Likes Bikes
he wants to know when he is riding street, if he should have his forks hard or soft.

EDIT: somehow i missed the above post :\. sorry.