Best Gold Coast Trails? DH/AM

bigguy

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

I'm new to this area of the state and despite looking at as many trail maps I could get hands on I am still none the wiser on the quality, difficulty of these trails.etc. Bar Mt. Joyce, what are your guys favourite more light downhill and all mountain trails? What kind of terrain should I be expecting? I am very keen for a pedal so might see some of you out there!
Cheers!

raso

Likes Bikes
Outlook ! you can start on the small stuff and work your way up !

Last edited:

morticus

Likes Dirt
Hey Bigguy, there isa thread going in the DH section discussing Dh rides around the area. Having just moved here myself im pretty keen to get amongst it on the weekends too.

noel0409

Likes Bikes
Howdy Gents
The Nerang National Park is good place to ride with a bit of a mixture of dh and am about 40klms of tracks. Go to just Ride bike shop at Nerang they have a map on the counter you can have a look and take a pic. They do a tour on Sat arvos starting about 2-45pm. Tracks are a bit rough and rocky in places but very challenging and lots of fun. We also ride at the proposed quarry site on Old Coach road at West Burleigh, mainly washed out fire trails and a few tracks made by 4wd and motor bikes plenty of fun also.
Have fun and welcome to town
Noel

bigguy

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the response guys. I went for a little drive this morning to have a peek at some of the trail entrances marked up on the NP's website. Definitely itching in my boots for a pedal