BEST MOUNTAIN BIKE HOLIDAY (International)

tateops

Likes Bikes
Hey everyone just wondering where your fave mountain bike holiday destination would be any where in the world i would defenatly pick somewhere in Canada keep it flowin guys :p

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
New Zealand. Ive seen a fair bit of the north island but would still love to have a look with my bike. I havent been to the south island. It would be awesome. Gotta be proud to be a kiwi.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
6 months off in a 4wd Combi van around Australia. Stopping in at all the little towns on the way, finding new tracks, log on to farkin each night and hook up with the locals. Now thats mountain biking.

rockape76

Likes Bikes
ive just decided to go to whistler the sheer number of trails sounds to good to be true....plus theres heaps else to do....

Crippler

Likes Dirt
France

Whistler...maybe buuuutttttt

Go to Les Get and Morzine in France if you want 47 yes you read it right 47 lifts running all summer. You have 14 resorts, yes 14 linked with WC level DH courses.

You can get up in the morning go to the Kona Les Gets bike park,

http://www.ridemorzine.com/News/sel-news.php?n_id=23

then ride parts of the 04 Worlds Track, then the speed of LEs Get 2 and the 4x, or go down to Morzine for the Le Pleney Mont Cherry WC track, or the SUper Morzine track, or flop over the back side of the hill to Avoriaz for the French National's DH track, or maybe take the lift for 20mins over to Switzerland for the Maxxis Cup Swiss National DH track, or the Grand Conch 15min insanity decent... or maybe if you are sick of that you could ride Anne Carro's own track in Chatel...nasty steep... or theres the shore stylings at Morgins...and so on...

Lift tickets are cheap $57 aussie for over a week, which give you access to all 47 lifts! Food is great, accom is cheap..BEER Is cheap...and hell, you're in Europe..in the Alps!!!.

All in all its easily in the top 3 riding experiences for PURE DH and diversity of trails I think anywhere in the world...you can ride for 12 days and not ride the same track more then twice...or session the hell out of a few WC courses.. what gets better!!!

Went in 05, returning in 06.... anyone interested in info or pics, happy to share....

m

Last edited:

ja_har

Likes Dirt
International

If you want bike park style with nightlife.....Whistler, then a tour of BC

If you want adventure and Mountains that make you cry just waiting to ride them...
BOLIVIA is the place my friends.

In my experience nothing else comes close to either option.

Last edited:

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think if you havent done it or had a taste of it you cant go past BC Canada
- a week in Whistler
- followed by a week in Van/North Shore and around for some tech skill devlopment
- a week in the interior ie Kelowna/Kamloops area maybe even up to Nelson
for some super flowy higher speed trails compared to the shore

- then back to whistler for a week to rip it up some more with your newly polished skills

i am assuming this is for DH/ Freeride orientated

big dan

Likes Dirt
check out scotland as well...innerleithen, glentress etc as well as fort bill for lift accessed DH.

Crippler

Likes Dirt
France

Here you go Roy G some pics for ya...

Maxxis DH start ...all the berms
Kona Park...
The one looking up the hill... thats the grand conch..EPIC!! Also Swis Nationals track... you can see it snaking down the hill, most of it you can't see, as it hidden behind a hill in the foreground on the left...massive berms, huge jumps.. DH wet dream...

Attachments