Best Multi Day Rides NSW

barron

Likes Dirt
Recently returned from NZ with a local mag outlining endless multi day tracks. Feeling quite frustrated at not knowing any of our own.

So I'm hoping to draw on your collective knowledge to compile a list of the best multi day rides in NSW.

I'm sure some of this would be covered in the self sufficient bike thread, but at 76 pages its difficult to find. Also don't want to limit it to this type of riding. Rough nights, camping and self sufficiency are obviously going to be factors, but also open to less remote options.

No real criteria for the replies. I lean toward an all-mountain riding and seeking point to point or multi day/single loop options, but interested in all input.

Thanks in advance.

disappearin

Likes Dirt
I've done a few multi days rides in my area. Plenty of trails up here in the New England and barrington tops nation parks although it is quite a remote area. I generally map out a loop and go for it. Sometimes it doesn't quite workout so you need to be prepared.
also plenty of riding in the blue mountains. The six foot track is a favourite of mine.
Parts of the great north walk and the bicentennial trail are also good on a bike.
checkout the HuRT website if you want an organised version: http://hunterracetrail.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Try the many trails down off the Snowball Road through Duea National Park like this ridiculous little effort (though it is longer than it should be due to the vagaries of Google Maps) http://goo.gl/maps/1tvtA and plenty more besides. Great way to get from Cooma to Moruya!

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Strava is a gold mine for linking up trail. You can construct some really cool loops out of bits and pieces of other peoples rides.

MTBm8

Likes Bikes
multiday rides

Bellingen to Bellangry.jpg

I worked out this 236km all dirt trip from Bellingen to Bellangry which is behind Wauchope. Some good elevation gains and but firetrail rather than single trail.

disappearin

Likes Dirt
View attachment 267191

I worked out this 236km all dirt trip from Bellingen to Bellangry which is behind Wauchope. Some good elevation gains and but firetrail rather than single trail.
I've rode alot of that trail. Unless you are a machine you will be pushing up some of those hills near ebor/point lookout. It is some beautiful country but some of the firetrail is quite overgrown in areas. when are you planning on doing it? id be interested if your looking for company. I have some gps data from that area if you want it?

Last edited:

MTBm8

Likes Bikes
Thing about it

I've rode alot of that trail. Unless you are a machine you will be pushing up some of those hills near ebor/point lookout. It is some beautiful country but some of the firetrail is quite overgrown in areas. when are you planning on doing it? id be interested if your looking for company. I have some gps data from that area if you want it?
Yeah I have been thinking about finding some time later in the year to give it a go. Yeah the gradient towards the highest peak looks like it is long and steep, I don't mind pushing if I have to. The Styx river down and up looks killer as well. I will let you know when I plan to do it.