Best music out of a Bike movie

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
Im trying to brain storm some good music for a movie a mate of mine is putting together. Anyone got any good suggestions. Im partial to metal myself, Mudvayne, The Haunted, Lamb Of God, etc etc etc. Let me have your brain impulses!!

naz

Criminally Inane
ima hip hop'er
so chainsmoke 2, tricky-crazy claws
and kranked 5, hieroglyphics-soweto...best song ever, and de la soul-all good hmm yummy
oh and swollen members-chewin concrete...nwd3

wombat

Lives in a hole
Depends on the type of footage I reckon; I personally like some hip hop stuff for street stuff and something a little heavier and faster for racing type footage. If you're getting all arty something a little bit quieter can be nice a well.

It's all personal taste though.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
the first song on The Haunted album, not the haunted made me do it, but the other one..
you know, that one that doesnt have any singing and its just fuckin crazy power metal, goes for about 1:10. i love it

Skin

Likes Dirt
ohh ohh best music .. Sprung 3 .. the scratch section right at the end ..insane.. fortgotten the dj's name anyone help out ? i lost my copy of sprung 3 ... arrghhhhh

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My favourite tunes from bike vid's are Sprung Monkey (Mud Cows) and White Zombie (Crusty Demons). It does depend on the footage but one concept I like is music that mixes fast and slow, that way you can slo mo jumps etc in the slow bits and have people blasting down hills in the fast bits. Linkin Park maybe? They mix it up.

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
I was thinking maybe purity for a decent sized section, or maybe Eeore for a realy short but nuts bit. Its most likey to be for a freeride bit, but there are street bits too.

World so cold - mudvayne
Death blooms - mudvayne
Trapped in the wake of a dream - mudvayne
Not falling - mudvayne
Wait and bleed - slipknot
Eyeless - slipknot
Liberate - slipknot
Spit it out - slipknot
Heretic Anthem - Slipknot

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
umm..... Saliva - Superstar

yay.... same band as the Click Click Boom song, but this is better !!

:wink:

DRUM

Likes Dirt
The title of this thread is saying "best music out of a vike movie", Dont use songs from other vids, find your own.

Make sure you choose a song which compliments the riding style in the film. IMO a riding video is 10x better when it is in sync with the song, so if you havent started editing yet etc. choose a song that suits the riding style and build the movie around the song, (keeping in mind accents and moods).

So what style riding is it? maybe we can give some better suggestions then.

hope that helps.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DRUM said:
The title of this thread is saying "best music out of a vike movie", Dont use songs from other vids, find your own.

Make sure you choose a song which compliments the riding style in the film. IMO a riding video is 10x better when it is in sync with the song, so if you havent started editing yet etc. choose a song that suits the riding style and build the movie around the song, (keeping in mind accents and moods).

I agree, for the movie I'm making, I have searched through LOADS of songs, and have ended up with maybe 100 (on top of the 1068 I already had) or so and have only chosen three so far that I'm going to use!

Best music which actually "fit" with the riding/ story behind it was in Kranked 5 (although i didn't like the film)...

Tenacious D - Wonderboy
the lyrics fit perfectly with the Dangerous Dan and Chris Glew sequence.

Goldfinger - Bro worked pretty well too.

Archi

Likes Dirt
the first swollen members song from the circus.oh, and the andrew w. k song from superheroes 3, and the one after it(glass danse i think).

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
The type of riding is mosly going to be of redhill, and lizard rock. More or less the same type of riding thats in Olssons movie "Runts".