Best place to buy Minion WTs?

Discussion in 'Parts 'n Stuff' started by BT180, Jul 6, 2017.

1. BT180

BT180 Eats Squid

Hey Guys, just after the best/cheapest place to buy Minions. I'm after a Minion DHR2 2.4 WT and DHF 2.5 WT. My go-to would usually be Mountain Bikes Direct, but they're out of stock. So where does everyone get their rubber?

Also, these are going on 25mm ID rims for the time being (until I can afford/justify a new wheelset). Shouldn't be any issues with that?

2. Ky1e

Ky1e Likes Bikes and Dirt

Shoot me a msg!

3. mark22

mark22 Likes Dirt

4. schred

schred Likes Bikes and Dirt

2.5wt - won't have issues, but will noticeably be less than ideal on that rim size, you'll see.

5. BT180

BT180 Eats Squid

How so? I'll run a bit higher pressure I guess (mid-20s), to help avoid them squirming around.

6. hungrytiger

hungrytiger Likes Dirt

I am 80kg and running wt at 20psi on 23mm ID rims with no issues. You will be fine....

7. schred

schred Likes Bikes and Dirt

It's going to be personal but i found the profile on narrow rims to be round and harder to get them to hook up, prefer the narrower version on that size rim. Higher pressure as a bandaid sucks also.

8. moorey

moorey Isn't flammable.

TBE had some well priced WT's the other day.
    https://www.tbe.com.au/

Edit. Just had a look. Might be sold out.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  9. BT180

BT180 Eats Squid

Yeah, TBE look like a great price. Don't appear to have the models I'm after though.

Just need to work out whether it's best to buy the standard 2.3s for now, as they're probably more suited to my 25mm ID rims. By the time I can afford a new wheelset, I'll probably be due for another tyre replacement anyway.

10. moorey

moorey Isn't flammable.

They had WT in dhf and dhr2 the other day..when I wanted non WT, so I think stock rotates pretty quick. They're my maxxis tyre 'go to' lately. Generally better prices than most places.

11. BT180

BT180 Eats Squid

Cool, will keep checking back.