Best sealing Shimano compatible bottom bracket

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yes and they've gone well. Just use a good quality marine grease on the bearings before installing the outer seals and don't use a pressure washer.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
What do the outer seals actually attach to?

On the bearing seals there is a Groove that the rubber lip seal snap into. Do the existing BB cups have a groove for them or something?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
@fjohn860 - I bought a Wheels Manufacturing screw together bottom brackets to try and solve my PF30 woes. That uses the enduro bearings. It also uses an dust shields. I bought new bearings and the shields from DIY MTB as it was a GXP in a Shimano Box.

View attachment 401363View attachment 401364
ZTTO Also make a screw together PF bb, I'm assuming the bearings are cheap Chinese ones but they have held up for the 3 or so months I've been using it so good enough so far. and easily swapped out if needed.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Thanks all, BB is OK for the moment I was thinking ahead and going to get some bearings, as it seems like a waste (and unnecessary) to replace the cups and all with a new BB and I thought to support local, so was thinking of the DIY kit.

Turns out they are out of stock as are MTB Direct.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What do the outer seals actually attach to?

On the bearing seals there is a Groove that the rubber lip seal snap into. Do the existing BB cups have a groove for them or something?
Outer seals loosely fit into the channels in the Shimano cups. They are held on by the cranks when fully assembled. When fully assembled with grease, they form a second labyrinth seal against dust and moisture.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Thanks all, BB is OK for the moment I was thinking ahead and going to get some bearings, as it seems like a waste (and unnecessary) to replace the cups and all with a new BB and I thought to support local, so was thinking of the DIY kit.

Turns out they are out of stock as are MTB Direct.
Pretty sure the bearings are a standard MR24377 bearing or the angular contact equivalent like these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/275676955215. I've got some spare seals that I can post to you.