Best song to put to a dh video

pinnr

Likes Bikes
i am looking for a good song to put to a dh video i got a couple of song but they just don't fit it. so give me your suggestions

cheers

L14M

Likes Bikes
the song doesnt have to be hard core/ heavy metal/rock to be good for a vid... but a good thing to do is, e.g. the song starts slow/soft then as you start riding, it comes into the hardcore rockin'

So as i said the music doesnt have to be hardcore, it just has to suit the style and pace of riding.
the best suiting song that i have heard on a DH vid is 'Two Shoes' by The Cat Empire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3nkzjACUG4

Also, you need to make sure your music isnt the same as everyone elses.

Rise against, disturbed and songs like 'two shoes' seem to work well, just suit it to your vid...play and watch a few of them along with your vid. :cool:

hope that helped!:)

driftking

Wheel size expert
iv alwasy liked allein allein by polarkreis and superhero by toxic avenger.
I guess it sorta depends on the mood you want to create while watching it, also camera shots can affect the song used lots of nature shots used throughout the movie i wouldnt expect some heavy metal music too it.

Yeah, something like Rise Against would be pretty sweet

I'd go with something like this (Wilhelm Scream - The Horse)

[video=youtube;YSCX_vuRDWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSCX_vuRDWc[/video]

Emmett

Likes Dirt
Something different to metal and a track that rewards the patient.

[video=youtube;nUqId5WpH0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUqId5WpH0o[/video]

Last edited:

Odissius

Likes Dirt
If you want a rock/metal track I reckon AC/DC 'Rif Raff' would be a good one.
I often think Ben Morris 'Keys' would suit a DH section. Its an kinda acid house of track that I reckon would go well with slow mo shots of bike and rider then explode into flat out sections.
Putting music to DH vids would be a lot of fun...

adman

Likes Dirt
Haha... all this metal is shit...

If you are trying to make a DH movie, metal is the biggest killer of a video you can find.

There is way better stuff out there, that you can get way more creative with.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Not only can you get banned for posting that shit you can also get a hiding from your mates! She should stick to being naked and flashing her shit all over the internet, that is the only way these pop ho's get noticed.:p

You need to put a tune to a video that has a beat to match it. It could be metal, it could be hard music or it could be a good electronic beat. Either way, don't use anything remotely close to ^^^^ that shit.;)

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Haha... all this metal is shit...

If you are trying to make a DH movie, metal is the biggest killer of a video you can find.

There is way better stuff out there, that you can get way more creative with.
True, And I am a metal head, and have to agree.
Ever thought of using some instrumental stuff?
Instrumental music is good for certain passages of video for the same reason that supermarket music has no lyrics.
A vocal creates a focal point and distracts you from the visuals.
You may not actually notice this happening, but your visuals will have more impact with instrumental music. Espescially slow motion scenes or unusual angles because your eye is experiencing something it dosn't normally encounter so you want to let the visuals have the biggest impact possible.

Also, if you are going to use songs with vocals, keep them broken up with instrumental sections or narration. Multiple songs with vocals played consecutively tires your aural sunconscious quickly and the watcher will begin to lose interest or get restless.

I know it all sounds like a bunch of hoo harr, but just thought I'd give my 2 cents.

BTW - If you want any hard hitting, mellow/chill, or synth rock instrumental music let me know.
I have tonnes of reference material I can send you as I have a studio and have recorded music for soundtracks and sports DVD's before, so let me know if you need a hand with some tunes. You can use any material royalty free if it would help.

Last edited: