Best sub $200 dropper post

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
The brand X external still exists doesn't it? Best value for money dropper out there imo

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
It does actually, missed that one but it's out of stock. Might send them an email and see if they're getting more in.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Instead of making a new thread I'll bump this one. I'm after a cheap dropper also but I need external route. KS E20 seems the best but doesn't come with a remote and stock seems pretty non-existent. Do they just not make many external cable posts these days? Anyone know any decent $200ish options?
We normally have a Shite load of the E20s. But have been struggling a little to land them fast enough, given higher than usual demand. Next shipment leaves on the 23rd ... so should be back in stock around 5days later.

sorry for the short stock ...

Brand X / TranzX pretty much does the exact same post ... no local support though

A little pro tip
Nobody takes care of their posts ... and less are aware that dirt + water = mud
Water is the real killer of every post. It’s the root cause of pretty much every problem, except crash damage and over torquing bolts.

the lower you go down the price points the more steel you get ... the less anodising ... generally the less water resistance.
My advice ... dont wash your post or at minimum be aware of water and act accordingly (ie dry it and lube it).

also for the lower end without air adjustment.
Always leave the post extended when not in use. Reduces the chance of losing internal air pressure.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
200mm is a lot of drop, and will place a lot of load on bushings. If you're going with a cheaper post go with slightly less drop.

Out of your two options I prefer the Brand X.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I reckon so too - I'm 195cm so I want some serious drop! That said, would I be fine with 170mm?

Here's an XL Big Al with a 170mm on it -

Attachments

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I reckon so too - I'm 195cm so I want some serious drop! That said, would I be fine with 170mm?

Here's an XL Big Al with a 170mm on it -
Yup it’ll be fine. It’s only an extra 3cm.
Like anything you’ll get used to it as you ride. I’m ~1.93m and my first dropper was 100mm and I rode everything from xc to dh on that bike.

HamboCairns

Another case of over thinking things! A 200mm will fit (and it's no more expensive) but if I can reduce the stress on the part then all the better :)

Ultra Lord

Another case of over thinking things! A 200mm will fit (and it's no more expensive) but if I can reduce the stress on the part then all the better :)
Overthinking is fun but it’s good to sit back every now and again and go “stop being a porkchop, ride time and fitness will play a much larger part in cycling than whateveritisyourovercomplicating”

HamboCairns

This is my first 'serious' mountain bike and I don't have unlimited funds so I want to choose wisely!

But you're right, life's too short to be a dope!

Ultra Lord

This is my first 'serious' mountain bike and I don't have unlimited funds so I want to choose wisely!

But you're right, life's too short to be a dope!
170mm is heaps. Whack a QR seat clamp on so if your going to hit some dj’s you can slame it all the way (like the only time you want a fully slammed seat anyway).
Reliability over 3cm extra drop!

Ultra Lord

DHF is an awesome front tyre. Rolls faster than expected too.
Hang on to em and run recons out back?