best tyres

Shady_1

Likes Bikes
im looking for a new rear tyre for mainly dirt riding but also something that can do about 30% street. i was thinking along the lines of Kenda micro knobby, the maxxis holly roller or dmr motto digger.

If anyone has andy sugestions with what tyre i should use please let me know

Cheers

Jimass

Eats Squid
It's intense that make the micro knobby...

Kenda do make the small block 8's which are meant to be okay.

david123

Likes Bikes
the micro knobby's are fast and last for a while, but do clog with dirt and mud a bit. they are also not good in the wet. but are good rear tyre.
holyrollers are great, get the 2.2'' size and they roll and grip well and last for ages. the 2.2'' size is also reasonably light.
and the small block 8 are good aswell. light grippy and fast. a mate had a pair for one and a half years.
another one to look at is the halo twin rails. they roll so quick but do go slippery after a while. on the back they would be good, on the front not so much

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
holy roller are extreemly heavy at over a kiloo each.Intense micro knobs wear fast but perform great in anything that isnt wet or damp.

Small blocks, table tops are the go mate.Get folding as its lighter

christin.shelly

Cannon Fodder
Best tyre

Any tyre is not universally acceptable to all vehicles. It depends upon the type of vehicle... There are variety of tyres manufacturers who are dedicated to provide quality tyres that can perform better in wet weather. Some of them are - MRF, Apollo tyres, CEAT, JK industries,etc.
I have been using CEAT tyres in my car for many years and haven't faced any problem yet. I am enjoying a wonderful driving with these tyres. So for my car, i would always look for CEAT tyres.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Go Kenda NPJ best by far. I have swapped from previously using Schwalbe Table top folding, Tioga fs100's before that and Intense micro before that.

And from experience the NPJ are the best. Suprising grip well on hard pack dirt, roll uber fast and and light. Schwalbe were good but i got a shit load of punctures. Fs100's were heavy and an ok tyre but werent really any good in any areas. Intense were just shit. Heavy and wear out in no joke 1-2months.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go Kenda NPJ best by far. I have swapped from previously using Schwalbe Table top folding, Tioga fs100's before that and Intense micro before that.

And from experience the NPJ are the best. Suprising grip well on hard pack dirt, roll uber fast and and light. Schwalbe were good but i got a shit load of punctures. Fs100's were heavy and an ok tyre but werent really any good in any areas. Intense were just shit. Heavy and wear out in no joke 1-2months.
How were the schwalbe's vs NPJ's.

Would Schwalbe/NPJ be a good set-up? Or would it be unbalanced?

I'm a huge fan of maxxis larsens. But i am thinking of a bit of a change for my next tires. Something a bit more street. Maybe the above set-up is the way to go.

csd

Likes Dirt
Any tyre is not universally acceptable to all vehicles. It depends upon the type of vehicle... There are variety of tyres manufacturers who are dedicated to provide quality tyres that can perform better in wet weather. Some of them are - MRF, Apollo tyres, CEAT, JK industries,etc.
I have been using CEAT tyres in my car for many years and haven't faced any problem yet. I am enjoying a wonderful driving with these tyres. So for my car, i would always look for CEAT tyres.
Err come again?

Toff

Likes Dirt
Kenda Small Block 8 front (2.35 folding), Kenda NPJ Sig rear (2.1 folding).

Great lightweight combo, Small Block gives plenty of grip on dirt, NPJ rolls nice and fast. Can't fault them.

Jimass

Eats Squid
So what your saying is there is no best tire.

Different tires for different vehicles + terrains and obstacles..?

for continental Gatorskins. Ive been riding on them for almost 3 months, 150km per week, with no punctures. Prior to that with Kenda Kriterium tyres, i was getting at least 1 or 2 punctures a week.