Best value 2003 DH rig??

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Specialized Bighit Expert... ~ $4500

that'd be my pic.

A raceline dh if you're on a tighter budget...

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah those big hits are really nice

I would suggest looking around for 2nd hand stuff as well, Just ask Scott what a great bike you can get 2nd hand (not a scratch on his NEW tomac). We didnt even have to look hard for it, though I do feel he was pretty lucky to find that :D

We should have a classifieds section up in the near future!

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I must admit I do feel quite lucky.... I couldnt have wished for a better deal. :)

Stealth

Likes Bikes
yeah, I agree, If you can find a good deal on a 2nd hand bike go for it, but make sur ethere no cracks

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
d-eight said:
Giant dh comp. By far the cheapest dh race ready bike with good bits. Boxxers, 5th element and hayes.
They're like $8k aren't they? Still a bit XX for the average mtb joe.

Stealth

Likes Bikes
for a new bike I'd have to agree, there's nothin on that thing that needs changing. As for the big hit (big Shit) I'm not a fan, 24" rear wheel ugggggg!!!! No thanks!

Mason

Likes Dirt
I would say the 2003 Intense M1. That thing has the right geometry to make you go faster then any other bike.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Where the farkin hell are all these tomacs coming from. I've seen that one at a few races but can't think of who owned it. I'd watch out, there were quite a few tomacs that were completly thashed!

what kind of a budget are we talking? i built my 8 ball on about $3500cdn. i searched an dgot deals though, i don't pay retail for anything and my LBS gives me cost +10% on everything.
it turned out o.k.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Ahh i just checked the link. It's Tomacs. Everything they are saying about it on the fourm are true. I'd stay away from it, Tomac is the true passenger!

belly_up

Likes Dirt
yeah, $2900 was pretty tempting, but a bit sus at the same time, there was second hand raceline on the same forum went for more than that.