Best valued second hand All Mountain Dually - Suggestions

jmacbrid

Likes Dirt
Hey Everyone,

So I recently sold my XC Trek Top Fuel 8 EX, since purchased a Jamis Dragon 27.5 which I have been hitting the trails on and loving.

I am soon to be in the market to try my first All Mountain Dual Suspension bike that can climb and descent like a demon, looking to getting something around 5 to 10 years old spend around the $1,000 to $1,500 with the view for the bike to last a year to two while save for my next dual suspension rig.

Few bikes I had in mind;

Cannondale Prophet

Giant Trance X1

Specialized Pitch Pro

Does anyone have any other suggestions that will offer great value for money.

moorey

call me Mia
Giant.
Pro's: They're common as fuck....and therefore worth sweet FA to buy.
Cons: They're common as fuck....and worth sweet FA if you ever resell.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Giant.
Pro's: They're common as fuck....and therefore worth sweet FA to buy.
Cons: They're common as fuck....and worth sweet FA if you ever resell.
This. Grab a trance. They are the white commodores of the MTB world. Completely unremarkable to ride but a safe bet.

3 Years ago I sold a Pitch Pro for $900 so you could grab one of those for real cheap these days. Compared to the trance of the day it was a much burlier and slacker bike. Solid build too (old pikes, cheap 9 speed drivetrain). One of those + a dropper post could be a good buy.

One person's all mountain bike is another's downhill rig I guess, but what about the Spesh Enduro? FSR platform has stood the test of time and you can pick them up cheap as you like depending how old you go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmacbrid

Likes Dirt
Thanks given me a few more to look at.

There is a Santa Cruz Blur LT on here just a frame which I may look into as I have a few spare parts for a build, especially a 26" will just need to buy some forks.

libbykc

Squid
For me its got to be the spes enduro. great all round bike and there are heaps out there so good value. be ware though dont get a bike thats too old cause if you have to replace the shock it can get very expensive as they have custom built shox/mounting. Also best to get a post 2012 bike with a tapered fork as they are much easier to replace if anything should go wrong or you look to upgrade. You should be able to get a decent bike for 1500. If your patient you can get some stunning deals on ebay!

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm surprised you still have this
To be honest, I'm kind of attached to it. It's only listed on here and I've never bumped the thread. I'd keep it if it were up to me, but selling it was part of the conditions for me buying a new bike, and the missus is starting to apply the pressure to sell it.

jmacbrid

Likes Dirt
Nice Santa Cruz, shame it isn't XL, not adverse to riding around on older bike until a new rig I really come across takes my fancy. Have a few 1990's rigid Konas in my shed that come out once and awhile.

will2

Likes Dirt
Reign X the most recent model are good like 2011, 2012 and 2013, better geometry more inline with today's all mountain bikes. I don't find Trances or the older reigns much chop for the big stuff.

jmacbrid

Likes Dirt
Found One

Thanks everyone,

Found myself a Santa Cruz Nomad MK2.1 2013 Frame, Fork, Shock, Reverb, Race Face Bars, Saddle for $800.

Total build with Hope Hoops EVOII and 1 x 11 XT is going to cost around $1,600. So pretty happy chappy.