Product Review BETO-Floor Pump

Flow-Rider

Burner
Item: Beto Floor Pump

Purchased From: Velogear https://www.velogear.com.au/alloy-floor-pump.html

Purchase Price :$29.99

Usage: Just on 2 months

Pros - Cheap in price, has a nice large handle, has a duel connection head for schrader or presta valves and the main body is made of alloy and not fantastic plastic.

Cons -The dial gauge looks cheap and the numbers are small on it for an old blokes eyes. Sometimes you need to fiddle with the valve connector to get it to seal 100%.

Comments:

My main reason for the purchase was to stop, starting up my compressors at night every time I wanted to add some air to my bike tyres and to also stop annoying the neighbours with the noise. I will also add it's the first bike floor pump I have owned.

I rate this pump a 6/10 over all because it basically does its job for the money I paid for it. The gauge works consistently but it has a plastic needle with a paper face. I would also think that it would struggle to reach its 100PSI max pressure. In hind sight I would have bought something with a bit more quality but for $30 there's nothing really to complain about, when it breaks I will just throw it in the bin.

Pictures/Videos:

pump1.jpg

floorpump2.jpg

pump3.jpg

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision
Pumps can be a bit hit and miss. Quite regularly the cheaper ones I've bought for around $35 have had more accurate gauges and have been better to use. I've only bought multiples because I've bought them for other people. In 20 years of riding I've only ever worn a couple out.

On the pricier side the 2 I currently have, 1 reads 20 psi higher than actual, the other screws the core of a Presta valve out when removing the head from the valve.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It might last longer than what I was presuming it would by the sounds of things. I alternate between four bikes so I use it constantly .

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Thanks for the review. Even my more expensive Topeak pump is about 7psi under on average. You can get some great digital pressure gauges off ebay for $5 delivered... You just need to team it up with a presta to schrader adapter.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I've had one of these for few years, and given the price it's done pretty well. Definitely doesn't seal well at high pressures, and the gauge isn't accurate but once connected it gets air in efficiently enough.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I have one from Kerry for a long time now. It still works great and puts air into things well enough for me .

NFI how accurate any gauge on a cheapiah pump will ever be.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
You can get some great digital pressure gauges off ebay for $5 delivered... You just need to team it up with a presta to schrader adapter.
wanted one of these but i could never justify the 40-50 for a branded one....can you link to which one you recommend?