Better than nan's! Post your delicious biscuit recipies!

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is one of mine:

Choc fused-Carb biscuits
8 oz. butter of margarine
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
4 tablespoons of boiling water
3 teaspoons of bi-carb soda
2 cups of rolled oats
1&1/2 cups of dessicated coconut
2 cups of plain flour
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of milk chocolate bites​

Melt butter and golden syrup over gentle heat, add mixed boiling water and bicarbonate of soda.
Pour into mixed dry ingredients (including chocolate drops), blend well.
Drop however much you like of mixture(for best results- equivalent to a desert spoon full) onto a greased tray.
Bake in a slow oven (300F) for 20 min.
Cool on trays a few minuets, remove and store in airtight containers when cool!​

YUM! :eek:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is one of mine:

Choc fused-Carb biscuits
8 oz. butter of margarine
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
4 tablespoons of boiling water
3 teaspoons of bi-carb soda
2 cups of rolled oats
1&1/2 cups of dessicated coconut
2 cups of plain flour
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of milk chocolate bites​
These look a bit like a choc chip version of my wife's mutated Anzac biscuit recipe... which she has taught me.

Only suggestion is don't use margarine as it tastes yucky... butter will make them taste even better.

... and there is the extent of my cookie making knowledge. :)

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So do I. Subway cookies are the best.
You need to explore more of the world.
Middle of nowhere country bakeries for the win!
I'd post a recipe, it'd be easy, taste nice, then half an hour later you'd be sick. Seems to happen with all my cooking. Fail.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Ingredients:

1 x bike
1 x 5 pound note
1 x Supermarket
1 x packet of McVitties Jaffa Cakes.

Instructions:
Mount bike and ride to nearest supermarket (don't forget the cash. This will be important in the later stages). Upon entering, make straight for the biscuit aisle. This will probably be near the back so you will have to navigate through fruit and veg, fresh meats and possibly an entertainments section. DO NOT BE SIDETRACKED, no matter how appealing those Cumberland Sausages or Smokey and The Bandit 2 DVD may appear!
Upon arrival at biscuit aisle. Retrieve the Jaffa cakes - you have 5 pounds so go on, get a couple of boxes!;)
Take boxes to the checkout. Pay the good lady, collect your change and return home post haste.
If you were prepared you will have set the kettle to boil before you left the house but if not don't worry. Just boil the kettle. Make a cuppa, open Jaffa Cake box and sink into a blissful state of enlightenment only normally achieved by wizened buddhist monks and the three-toed sloth...

*Disclaimer. This recipe works best if you are in the UK. The author doesn't wish to be held accountable for the trauma and despair caused by a trip to the shops only to find a lack of Jaffa Cakes. Or they don't accept Pounds.