Big all mountain shoes

A.France

Likes Bikes
Hi all I as the title implies big feet size 14.5US and i need an all mountain shoe
i currently ride flat pedals but willing to try spds any advice

megsy

Squid
Flats, Vans 'Gravel' are a comfortable shoe, Mine are size 12. Im normally US13 in running shoes.

For SPD, Specialized are good for big wide hoofs!

Cheers

A.France

Likes Bikes
i would say an all mountain shoe is not a XC shoe so it would be useable with both flats and spds and could be used for some walking in i guess

tbass

Likes Bikes
Hi all I as the title implies big feet size 14.5US and i need an all mountain shoe
i currently ride flat pedals but willing to try spds any advice
I'm a size 14 and just bought a pair of the new Teva Links and they fit me well, so you might be ok in them. Got them through Endless.com for $110 including shipping, which is a bargain compaired to the price in Australia (not that anyone seems to stock 14's in Oz anyway).

Also, my last shoes were a size 13 Nike MTB shoe (not sure of the model) and I was able to squeeze into them ok, so maybe try to get a pair of the newer Nike Heist. Feedback on the net says they are a large build.

Last edited:

BB1

Likes Dirt
Good to see there are others with big hooves out there.

I'm usually a size 13 (bounce between 12-14 depending on brand).

For flats I wear 5-10 Impacts, just checked the size and mine are a US size 14. Good, comfortable shoe, plenty of grip. These are the basic black ones, when I looked they were the only ones that were available in the bigger size (No GM or SH available above size 12), but they may because of the importer.

For SPD's I've got Shimano AM45's, these are the old ones (~4yrs) but have been great as my 'usual' riding shoe. You should be able to find a couple of brands that go big enough.

5-10 shoes

when you say importer for the 5-10 shoes, who brings them in in australia? i recently came back from a large trip from america and only found a few bike shops that kept them and basically none of the sports stores or specialty shoe shops kept them.I bought the minaars for about $130 while over there and they had them right up to size 14 although i`m a tiny 9. Looked at the sam hills but they only had them in size 12 and up in stock, the shop was all mountain cyclery in boulder city if you interested in contacting them.

BB1

Likes Dirt
I have no idea who the importer is - mine were purchased from LBS (got them to match the best Australian on-line price, happy to get the right size that way while still supporting them) and that's where the info came from. Might be BS, but in our size I come across the same scenario for running shoes as well, although it's a lot better than it used to be.

I don't think you'll find anyone that stocks them except for good bike shops.

TimCz83

Likes Dirt
I've got a pair of sam hills and love them. Comfy, stick to pedals like glue.
Just invested in an SPD pair finally, and bought the new shimano AM45 or something? Very comfy, but still getting used to the pedals.