Big Day Out 2010.

Maurice.

Banned
Searched for the original, said nothing was found.

But anyway, who's going?!?!

I first bought Friday tickets to Sydney, then sold them to go to Shepparton, now that's called off for me, I just bought Saturday tickets about 5 minutes ago, and I'm more pumped then I originally was, as I had no ride.

So who are you going to see?
What's your timtable like?

I'm starting off with Miami Horror, then Decoder Ring, Passion Pit, Half of Dizzee Rascal, then Rise Against, tossing up whether to go to Calvin Harris of Mars Volta, but to watch mars volta I would have to stay after Dizzee and not watch Rise Against as the D-barracade often get too crowded and they stop allowing people to enter, which sucks. Then finishing off the night with Peaches, then a bit of Groove Armada :)

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Off to the Goldie this Sunday, with Kasabian & Muse being my only real must-see bands. Might check out Karnivool & The Horrors too.

The rest of the day will be wandering around checking out other bands, and sinking piss.

Saosin

Likes Bikes
Went to the Goldy , fucing brilliant day!

I saw

Bluejuice
Sugar Army
Karnivool
Kasabian
Mastodon
Lily Allen ( Nearly cause me to top myself)
Rise Against
The Mars Volta
MUSE
Eskimo Joe
Powderfinger
Hilltop Hoods

I truly got my moneys worth , with the bands.

The 3.5% beers on the other hand... eh

TomT

Likes Dirt
I would've liked to go, although I couldn't bring myself to buy tickets since Blink 182 is not playing, even though it was said they would be at BDO. :(

Maurice.

Banned
I heard that there were rumors of cancellation becuase of high risk of heat stroke? And that they are urging people to take their own toilet paper incase it runs out today?

v1llage1d1ot

Likes Dirt
I went to the gold coast show last sunday. It was pretty good. Highlight of the day was girl talk. He was great. Liily Allen was terrible, off key, out of breath. Peaches was great, such a show woman! Muse was ok, but I think I should have stayed at peaches. Grinspoon was a good as ever, rise against were pretty good. Karnivool were good. cant really remember much else to be honest. Have fun. oh the poor were great too!

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
46 degrees recorded in the mosh at GC on Sunday. Insane. Was in there for ~3hrs before giving up from exhaustion and moving to the back for Muse.

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
Oh gosh 43 degrees tomorrow

Quick question, first festival, just wondering, would a sombrero be considered too annoying for all the people in the mosh around me?
Thanks guys.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have my sombrero, it's attached to my bag. For extra safety. Ill just chuck it in my bag during moshing.

Gonna be really hot, apparently there might be showers later in the day. Rain + heat + moshing = awesome.

Maurice.

Banned
I have my sombrero, it's attached to my bag. For extra safety. Ill just chuck it in my bag during moshing.

Gonna be really hot, apparently there might be showers later in the day. Rain + heat + moshing = awesome.
Especially with the gun firehoses that they pelt you with:D

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Could not believe the lack of security, and how useless the one's they had were at doing their job.
Saw so many 15 year old girl's drug f**ked, heading towards disaster.
People were spitting from the top levels of the main stages down onto people below them. Security did nothing until a few punters in the crowd got sick of it and beat the shit out of the people involved.
Music was half decent, so that was alright.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Waiting to fly home from syd after yesterdays show. Was really good had an awesome day and lasted to the end of groove armada who were good but not as good as I hoped.

I saw crazy mexicans at lilyworld, hilltop, dead prez, groove armada, little bit of muse lttle bit of rise against lily Allen (was really good) dizzre rascal was crap much other stuff.

Highlight of the day was lilyworld from about 7pm to 9pm omg craziest thing I have ever seen. Just totally insane. Love it

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
Melbourne on Aussie Day, should be a good show but the timetables a bit up shit creek :(
HOPING to see at least: Rise Against, Muse, Powderfinger, Eskimo Joe, Hilltop, Jet and Kasabian.
Gonna be a few cross overs but what can ya do? hopefully should be a good day with the temperature only a mild 34C :)