Big Dirt Jumps!

OZZIE_DHER

Likes Dirt
I am just wondering how many of you guys out there ride really big jumps coz my mates are all moto riders and so i hit up like pretty big jumps, but i just built them a massive metal ramp and massive dirt landing down on farm in innisfail its like a 35-40 foot gap and me mates want me 2 hit it! How many of you guys would hit it???

cheers hobbes

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i dunno man like get some supa speed and launch yo self of yo metal ramp and if ya can make da big dirt landing u wud be fkn sik as jumpin 40 shoes...

Ryan

Radministrator
It's been done, I've seen footage of Zoli Borbasi and his rag-tag bunch of lunatics hitting FMX ramps on their MTB's with tow-ins. Some random dude with an utter dearth of style does the same sort of thing in one of Thor Wixoms videos too.

I personally wouldn't do it, but people have done it without dying if that makes you feel any better.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Ryan said:
Some random dude with an utter dearth of style does the same sort of thing in one of Thor Wixoms videos too.
The dude who snaps his frame in 2? :lol:
I wouldnt touch it man...

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Id wanna have lots of cameras shooting me, so if i stacked id have some nice snaps

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if your the dude from edge cycles the other day that bought the royal gear and your guna hit jumps that big, you better tell dylan or jacobs about this, could be interesting....

fuzzydice

Likes Dirt
Ryan said:
It's been done, I've seen footage of Zoli Borbasi and his rag-tag bunch of lunatics hitting FMX ramps on their MTB's with tow-ins. Some random dude with an utter dearth of style does the same sort of thing in one of Thor Wixoms videos too.

I personally wouldn't do it, but people have done it without dying if that makes you feel any better.
Heh, that guy sold me my bike. He works for JT's in Adelaide and is the caretaker for the advanced jumps just near the store.

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Look in the riders section on the DH Direct site. theres a photo of a rider hitting a nice sized moto ramp

wendel

Banned
fuck yeah 35 40 foot isnt a very big moti gap but still a big ass double but its worth it. we set up a moto ramp 45 foot and it was still fine on your bike

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
45 on a bike is huuuuuuuuge. i would nver go near it on a bike, mostly coz im crap!!

fastrider gus

super huck
45ft distance is piss... its the height that is the main thing.. i've hit about 50ft off a kicker 1ft high down a slight hill...

i'd give it a good go!

and that dude was evil dave.. tosser... total tosser.. he snapped both crowns on his brand new monsterT's...

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^
I
I

how?
ummm
well a dude on a BMX hit a tow in gap over thirteen cars.
113ft measured
the video is crazy he almost lands flat!

bazza

look at me
how much are royal race shorts retailing for??? but yeah pics posting!!! and gus post your pics of that!

wendel

Banned
that bmx thing is shit its like a long gay launch like 2cm high when u get a decent lip at least 6 foot high nothin to worry bout