Big Forking Upgrade

iFinch

Likes Bikes
Hi Guys,

Once again looking for your valued input onto these babies.

Fox 32 F120's
travel = 120mm
weight = 1.68kgs
cost = $1040 (tbsm)

Fox Float 32
Travel = 140mm
weight = 1.8kgs
cost = $1040 (tbsm)

Fox Vanilla
Travel = 140mm
weight = 2kgs
cost = $900 (tbsm)

Not sure what I want, I could stomach paying the cost of the Vanillas brand new, but I would probably wait for the Floats and the F120's to come onto the 2nd hand market (there have been some decent looking 2008 ones sold on here recently). Theyre only going on a Trek 6300 hence the reason I am reluctant to spend too much, but I hear many good things about these forks and I figure I can always upgrade bike and keep the fork.

I mostly ride XC with a bit of DH every so often, im relatively n00b;), im not getting huge amounts of air (slowly improving:rolleyes:) but I am over my dart 3's....

Cheers.

johnny_boy

Likes Dirt
I'd vote for the F120's. I'm currently on '08 F120's that I picked up 2nd hand off here for around $500. Lighter and stiffer than the reba it replaced, and you can't beat air for adjustability. Couldn't be happier!

The question I think is, do you want more travel? Not familiar with the Trek. but if its a XC hardtail, I stick to the 120's, IMHO.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Me? F-series.
For that bike, Vanillas, if you don;t want to overdo it.
RLs perhaps, unless you really need lockout.
But, really, any of them will be OK, just decide if the extra $100's worth it.
I've found the Fox forks I've tried to be similar in performance, really, with some small difference in feel between air and coil.
Weight of the fork and/or travel then become the deciding factors.

Last edited:

iFinch

Likes Bikes
...I'd vote for the F120's. I'm currently on '08 F120's that I picked up 2nd hand off here for around $500...
Hahaha bastard!! I think those may have been the ones I was going to buy but you beat me to it!

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated :D