BIG swell this weekend, for those that care

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Hello out there farkiners, for those near the ocean, check it out from tomorrow through to sunday, maybe monday. It's gonna get freakin' huge!
If you enjoy watching mother nature kick the shit out of people, get down to somewhere and watch!

And if any of you live on the beach, the swell may well peak early sunday morning, early, early morning, around high tide. So watch you stuff flow out the front door! Haha

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Might get some swell in Port Philip then!:rolleyes:

Im guessing you're in NSW or QLD? how big are we talking?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
yeah, saw the footage - that was rather large to say the least...

3m + swell is brinking on gigantic :eek:

Just to be sure though - here in Aus, the size of the wave is measured from the back yeah?

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yee, my mate told me today that they might be up to like 18foot on monday. This is what i've been told, so i dont know if it'll happen or not.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Yeh, that whole measured from the back of the wave thing is one of those things... There's a site www.realsurf.com that usually has good pictures from the day, if you get a chance, check it out over the weekend, should be some good shots!
That footage you saw, well it's forecast to be bigger than that! It's just a really southerly direction swell, so it may not get in everywhere. Aaah, damn i love the ocean.

paulmc213

Likes Bikes
Yay for swell, now if only I could surf better I would be able to take on some of these big mofo's!

It is so good that the swell is hitting with surfest (newcastle) on this weekend.

Really looking forward to seeing Kelly Slater line up some of these big waves and the expression session with Carroll, Law, Egan etc is going to be awesome!

I_am

Likes Bikes
Yes should be very avacado.. Lucky i go on holidays tommorow aswell so couldnt be any better. Apparently its crankin 35-40 foot down at shipsterns at the moment aswell. Keen to see pics of that.
The only problem that will come with this swell is wind. Its forcast to be pretty strong and could mess things ups unless it's offshore which will beautify the conditions. Im going for monday the best day as not as much wind and should be a decrease in the swell size hopefully making for some nice clean 6 foot conditions. bring it on.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Southwest the entire time! From today through monday so far! Oh momma, it's gonna be so good... Ah, I'll be watching from the sidelines, but it's going to be very impressive! Should be a good view from the old downhill track at red hill!

35-40 foot at shipsterns??? Holy shit

pieno

Likes Dirt
Was down at bells today was about 8ft (which isnt that big) but thats probably the biggest its been in about 3 months

zids

Likes Dirt
ok guys todays is 6ft + on most beaches (back), and tommorow it is likely to pick up to 8ft, with a whopping 10 - 12ft on sunday, though its expected to die back down for monday. I cant wait, beach all day for the next 3 days, it will be awesome, DY point will be awesome as most beach breaks probably wont be able to hold their banks come sunday morning :D

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
A lot of people in the know, ie weather people, are calling it as being the biggest swell seen around here for the last ten years or so!!! I'm blowing off a few commitments on sunday to get ready to watch this! From the top of longreef headland should be a good position to watch! See what germans bank can do! And huge little makaha, and all the rest of those deepwater bommies!!!

Wooo! I can't even get amongst it, and I'm getting very fidgety (sp?) waiting for this swell!

.:Easily:.

Likes Dirt
hmmmmmmmm very freakin huge

hope its still not massive by tuesday

ive gotta go to some field trip to avalon beach and i dont want to be washed away...clinging to a bit of drift wood for dear life

I_am

Likes Bikes
Today went for a little bash up at curly and oh boy you can feel it in the air. People in the water are getting fidgity and hopefully pumping tommrow. Being a south swell im lookin at Longy bombie possibly or some where round there like white rock possibly, may go check bower but size will be less there. Anyway should be sweet good luck and have fun everybody, as i know i wil.

Speedy

Likes Dirt
It was fucking massive on the south coast, my mate and I were crying all day as we were on a shit uni excursion and we wanted to go to North Narrabeen looking at coal seems and shit and beach bla bla we brought our boardies incase we got a chance to find a board or just head in. Well as a rewrd for the excursion we stopped at Kiama Blowhole, and in our infinite wisdom we decide to leave the blowhole and head further out the headland and looking at the waves crashing up this 10m cliff face (the suction our was huge) none were coning over the headland and others only just so we got bored at admireing the massive barrels with the offshore wind across Bombo Beach and start to walk back to the headland. "Oh Fuck" was all I heard and looked up with my back facing the cliff to see a wall of white wash and water go straight over the top of us. At this stage we were atleast 5-6m from the edge and got hammered we were both knocked flat straight away, so we had to sit the whole cold windy shitty exrusrion soaked. BUT fuck the sweel was big

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wasnt as big as it was last time, but fuck, did it have more power behind it! :|
Went down to DeeWhy point, only one guy out there. He got a wave in, tried to get back out but just couldnt. Crazy shit.
No pics :(