big ups to the guys at Fox Shox and Woolys Wheels

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
I've had a lot of bad experiences with bike parts and warrantees and dodgy bike shop mechanics over the last couple of years, but recently had an extremely good one so thought I'd share:

I just bought a Giant XTC 29er on ebay - sight unseen (yeah I know - asking for trouble). I got it cheap and was happy to deal with any issues because it was so cheap. Basically I got it for the cost of the forks so was very happy. Sadly the forks were totally knackered - lockout and rebound controls did nothing at all.

So I took the bike down to Wooly's Wheels - not my first choice of bike shop, but I'm working at COFA for a couple of weeks so I can see them from my office - they sent the forks to Fox for a service.

THE GOOD BIT:

It turns out that once the Fox guys got their hands on my forks, they decided that they had so many issues that they rebuilt EVERYTHING (seals, replaces both cartridges etc) and even swapped out the crown and stanchions for brand new kashima jobbies - ALL FOR FREE under Warranty!

Now that is fantastic service for which I am extremely grateful.

Woolys didn't even charge for their part in the deal (removing and re-installing the fork) which I know wasn't a huge job but still - It's nice to have a win every now and then!

JP

Likes Dirt
Hazaa! It's good to see there are still folks putting out the love. Well done Fox people and Wooly's Wheels.

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
good to hear, im in the hunt for a new bike shop as the last 2 times in my local bike shop i have been treated rudely and like shit

nickz

Likes Dirt
Good news! Most times people only comment on negative experiences. Well don Woolys Wheels.