Bike console iPhone/Android phone mount. Anyone use one?

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While searching for a bike mount for my HTC Desire S I came across these, http://www.bikeconsole.com/default.asp. Anyone out there using one? The mount and enclosure look so much better than those cheap ass bits of crap on ebay.
Just looking for a bit of feedback before throwing some coin at one.
Check out the dynamo charging unit they have too, I doubt it would work with disc brakes unfortunately.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Cassons are the distributor here, shouldn't be hard to find one in a shop (the iPhone one at least, I know it's the only one we stock normally).

I've used the iphone one on a mates bike and it was pretty cool, touchscreen still worked well and having the full case does make you feel a little better about it all. QR shell is nice too, although I've definately seen more solid looking clamp setups, that's not to say it didn't hold perfectly, just that it 'looks' a little lightweight.

I had a Herbert Richter mount for my HTC (after the cheap ebay one threw my phone down the road a couple of times at 35 kays...). It was really good until I tried to move the clamp onto a fatter part of the stem and cracked it. I was going to get another one, but they don't seem to do one for my new phone so I never ended up bothering. I liked the fact that they weren't as bulky, but I think if I get something for use off road it'll be more like the bike console one.

Edit: just saw they do a heavy duty mounting bracket, maybe I will get one now, and just leave the standard bracket on the roadie...

I don't use that particular brand but I have been using a holder with that exact design for about 2 years now (normal mount, not heavy duty). I use it on my roadie weekend rides. Wouldn't even consider another design, its perfect, heavy rain tested multiple times too!

taquar

Likes Dirt
Well, I know what my next toy is going to be... Those would be really handy on a commuter, I'd probably get the speaker and the charger while I'm there as well. Ride for 4 hours on the path with tunes and the GPS on my phone, and not have to worry about the battery....

One can dream...

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt
becareful about mounting your phone to your bars.

Seen a few phones die very quickly with any decent riding. No external failure but internally they start to hard reset etc.

Basically some of the contacts are only pressure and the hard vibration of offroad riding causes these to become suspect.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ebay "ram" mounts. Have a few mates that use them, very good quality and well thought out design.