Bike fitting.

macboy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I live in Victoria and I'm looking at getting a bike fitting now that I'm getting more serious on the bike and putting in a lot more km's and I'm starting to get a few body issues.
I've know that Total Rush offer bike fitting and also BikeCoach, has anyone used these guys or have any recommendations on who to go to etc?
Thanks in advance, :)

vogmae

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I live in Victoria and I'm looking at getting a bike fitting now that I'm getting more serious on the bike and putting in a lot more km's and I'm starting to get a few body issues.
I've know that Total Rush offer bike fitting and also BikeCoach, has anyone used these guys or have any recommendations on who to go to etc?
Thanks in advance, :)
Have not used her but Emma Colson, elite mtb, physio: http://www.topbike.com.au/physio.htm
was recommended by a physio I saw recently, and that she's a physio and a mtb'er counts for a lot I reckon.

Last edited:

sukebe

Likes Dirt
I was at Olympic Park Sports Medical Centre a few weeks ago with a shoulder injury (torn ligment, not too bad, on the mend, going for first XC ride in a month next weekend). The doc who saw me was a keen mtber, rides Lysterfield mostly. While talking about bikes I mentioned that I get a sore lower back on longer days in the saddle and he mentioned their bike fitting service. Not sure how much it costs, but I would imagine it is done well. This is the place that fits bikes for olympic althletes.

website: http://www.opsmc.com.au/services/cycling-set-up/cycling-set-up.html

The docs and physios at this place know their stuff, check em out.

joe79

Likes Dirt
I had a fitting with Emma Colson, she did a great job. And while i haven't had a bike fit with him, Andrew Wynd at Olympic Park sports medicine is a fantastic physio, who clearly understands all about cycling performance. Honestly, i'd trust either of them. the fact that they're physios is the key, rather than just positioning you on the bike they're able to identify the problems with your body which are restricting performance, and can give you programs to suit.

haritone

Likes Dirt
Sorry to derail this a little, but I am also looking for bike fitting in either Adelaide or Perth (I go between the two).
Any recommendations?

Craftworks

Craftworks
have a look at www.efmphysiotherapy.net.au

This is something we got up and running with a super good physio here in Adelaide. "Fit to Ride" Basically the physio does a full body assessment, any minor alignment issues are sorted, then all this is applied with the latest fitting techniques to the bike setup.

Right now it is used for both Road and MTB. With MTB fits we include a full suspension setup also..

KG

Last edited: