Bike mount for phone

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So whaddya youse use ? I've been stashing my phone in my camelbak and missed a few unmarked turns because I didn't want to stop and get it out..and sometimes have it in my breast pocket of an LS workshirt I often wear to ride in. Having just updated from an iPhone 4 to an 8, and for once not a hand me down phone from the missus I don't want to smash it by falling on it, dropping while trying to ride etc....my Rotorburn searching turned up a mention of the poor accuracy of phones for offroading and I was pleased to find that Strava works with the Bad Elf which I have (got it for iPad and Navionics in the boat) but I'd like to see the trail map using Trailforks while I'm riding around on new to me trails.
I see the Quadlock mentioned a few times but didn't find much discussion about bike mounted phones at all. Is there a better alternative ?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I had a quad lock, and had no problems with it. Definitely holds the phone very securely, but the mount isn't very attractive if you leave it on the bike without the phone on. It is (was?) an Aussie product, which is nice.

Ultimately I gave it away as most of my riding is mtb, and I wasn't really looking at the screen while riding. I've moved on to using a sports watch which i prefer.

If you need to navigate a lot while riding it would be an asset.