Bike repair stands.

Dafatkid

Likes Bikes
FYI, Aldi have bike repair stands for $70ish

I bought one and it is pretty stable and holds my Giant Talon 0 29er just fine.

Get em while they're hot.

Disclaimer : I do not have any "business interests" in Aldi, I am just trying to spread the word.

D

Deleted member FN2187

I inherited my gripsport stand from Ryan (admin) 3 or so years ago before he moved to Canada. And I think he had it for 3 or so years before that. It still works the same as it did the day he got it, except I lost one of the circlips that hold the clamp wheel thingys in, which was my fault and it still works like new!!! Fuck aldi, buy one from Grip!

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
I hate he aldi stand, now use it for spray painting things... Like bikes. Grip or park - worth it.

moorey

call me Mia
FYI, Aldi have bike repair stands for $70ish I bought one and it is pretty stable and holds my Giant Talon 0 29er just fine. Get em while they're hot. Disclaimer : I do not have any "business interests" in Aldi, I am just trying to spread the word.
All well and good for a talon O 29er. Try it with a talon 1 or 2 29er and see how you go.

ozdavo

Likes Dirt
I have one and the clamp tended to turn, usually when clamped on the seatpost with uneven weight distribution. To fix this, with the clamp in the position I most commonly want, I drilled a hole through the plastic clamp & steel pipe (8mm I think?) and have a bolt sitting in this hole which stops it from moving.
Really for $40 you can't go wrong.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Anyone else tried the stand from aldi, thinking of getting one, just not sure if its shit quality or not ?
Not to bad but i broke mine, i was just being dumb though, a normal person wouldn't take off bits of plastic from the tubing which was actually keeping the clamp from moving side to side :S

i have had one of the cheap $89 stands from torpedo7 for about 5 years. Stand is great and I have had no problems. Other than some surface rust on the head unit from when I wash my bikes. Holds my roadies fine, epic 26er and my mates giant 29er well and stable.

the park tools ones look good, but not worth the extra $$ for home use.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have one and the clamp tended to turn, usually when clamped on the seatpost with uneven weight distribution. To fix this, with the clamp in the position I most commonly want, I drilled a hole through the plastic clamp & steel pipe (8mm I think?) and have a bolt sitting in this hole which stops it from moving.
Really for $40 you can't go wrong.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk
Got one for Aldi too. Yes it does rotate around when the bike is not balanced. Works fine though, great range of motion for a frame only, not strong enough for holding a bike in any position.