Bike shop recomendations

Bdmevl

Squid
Hi all,

First off I searched for an existing thread I could ask in, apologies if there is already one for this.

Anyway I thought this could be used for anyone no matter where you are for you to be able to ask for recommended bike shops in your area.

I'm on the Gold Coast and I'm just getting back into riding, I've tried all the websites for the local bike shops which I haven't found very helpful at all (or it could be my computer skills). Instead of driving all over the place I thought i'd ask on this recently discovered awesome forum.

I just want to grab some new gear, full face helmet, pads etc. The couple of shops I've been in are small without much of a range, can anyone recommend a shop on the Gold Coast that has a good range to choose from? Or is everyone doing there shopping online these days?

Thanks for your help.

Quintin

Eats Squid
Hi all,

First off I searched for an existing thread I could ask in, apologies if there is already one for this.

Anyway I thought this could be used for anyone no matter where you are for you to be able to ask for recommended bike shops in your area.

I'm on the Gold Coast and I'm just getting back into riding, I've tried all the websites for the local bike shops which I haven't found very helpful at all (or it could be my computer skills). Instead of driving all over the place I thought i'd ask on this recently discovered awesome forum.

I just want to grab some new gear, full face helmet, pads etc. The couple of shops I've been in are small without much of a range, can anyone recommend a shop on the Gold Coast that has a good range to choose from? Or is everyone doing there shopping online these days?

Thanks for your help.
Mountain Bikes Direct is an online store but they will allow you to send the gear back for free if it doesnt fit. you can call them to check the specifics on 07 5580 5846.

http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/

other than that, definitely make the trip to Annerly For The Riders as they have a huge range of good gear - they are more serious rider oriented and arent into cheap mum and dad gear like most

http://www.fortheriders.com.au/contact

Bdmevl

Squid
Thanks heaps Quinton.

That shop looks way more like it, there should be more shops like 'for the rider'. ill check out mountain bikes direct as well.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Doggy

Inconceivable!
If you want one on the coast, Just ride (nerang cycles) at Nerang have always been good to me. Ive brought 3 bikes off them and have been very happy with the service

justridenerang.com.au

rone

Eats Squid
If you want one on the coast, Just ride (nerang cycles) at Nerang have always been good to me. Ive brought 3 bikes off them and have been very happy with the service

justridenerang.com.au
Second this. Mark and Kylie at Nerang Cycles are great, have been going for years and really know their stuff.

driftking

Wheel size expert
as far as online goes
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?254464-Online-retailers-trusted-scamers

As for stores on the goldy cant help there.
I think the thread is a good idea as long as no one starts bad mouthing stores or not recommending stores it should be safe. the MODS don't allow slagging bike shops or naming and shaming. I figured id mention that purely as this thread seems like a perfect place for that to happen.

A thread to find local stores is a good idea though.

ChopSticks

Banned
reason you couldn't find one is because they all get deleted...... RB members will begin to share their experiences with said LBS...and not all of them are positive

which becomes a problem because mods cant confirm if experiences are indeed true, so in fairness to said LBS, the threads get deleted....different story with online stores..... a few bad experiences with wiggle/CRC arent going to hurt them too much

Gripo

Eats Squid
been watching a good online price for a major component from one of the Aussie online wharehouses.....

so with funds now available I hit up my LBS if they'd match a price from this Aussie competitior, nah the price has gone up from the local dist. but they could do them for $110 more....

thinking loyalty and all I hang off rushing to the Oz online site....but 3hrs later I pay the website a visit to mull over the decision...

bugger me dead if the Oz online website now has the part for the same price as quoted by the LBS...

can smell some fish now...

Bdmevl

Squid
reason you couldn't find one is because they all get deleted...... RB members will begin to share their experiences with said LBS...and not all of them are positive

which becomes a problem because mods cant confirm if experiences are indeed true, so in fairness to said LBS, the threads get deleted....different story with online stores..... a few bad experiences with wiggle/CRC arent going to hurt them too much
well I hope this one isn't used for bagging anyone out..... I was thinkin it would be handy if you have just moved somewhere new or you have gone riding for the weekend somewhere you haven't been before, to find an local bike shop.

Bdmevl

Squid

justridenerang.com.au
I had a look at just ride Nerang today, its a good shop with a range of gear, thanks for the suggestion.