Bike Shops in Sydney That You'd Suggest

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Might be up in Sydney for a couple of hours next week for work and want to look for a new AM 29" HT or something similar.

I haven't been in Sydney for a long time and have no idea which are the shops that I should consider checking out. I'll be mobile but will only have about 3 hours to get about. Appreciate any suggestions on where I might look.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You’d be better off window shopping the ‘net & at least narrowing down to a certain subset of brands so we can tell you where the best representative bike shops are...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Most of the bikes that I want are only available on the net, like the Commencal Meta, or not being bought out to Australia, like the Trek Stache. I refuse to to pay $3k for a bike before I've been able to sit on it, at least.

So I guess I'm looking at Honzos, Sherpas and similar.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
TBSM had quite a lot of good mtb gear when I last went there.

Although to qualify how long ago that was, I went in asking after the about-to-be-released Santa Cruz Tallboy, and the sales assistant looked at me like I was trying to get into his pants...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
TBSM had quite a lot of good mtb gear when I last went there.

Although to qualify how long ago that was, I went in asking after the about-to-be-released Santa Cruz Tallboy, and the sales assistant looked at me like I was trying to get into his pants...
Were you?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Might have better luck hooking up a look at a model of interest with a burner than finding bikes like that in stock in a shop unfortunately.

Anyone in Syd own something that may be of interest and in size for Johnny ?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bicycles Online may or may not still allow you to touch the bikes before committing.

Bike exchange should give you a bit of an idea of who has what and where they are.

I haven't been to tbsm in about a year and last time I went there it was very road oriented. Their site is still pretty up to date though. Plus they aure easy to fit to.

I had a look in kuringai cycles this morning and they had a reasonable amount of stock on the floor, with the added bonus of some hefty discounts.

There is a few shops all close together in the cbd, such as Clarence St cycles.

If you have a car there's a couple of shops around narrabeen that appear well stocked. The bonus there is proximity to sick rides...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Thanks, Poodle.

Looking around, I'd say that Creaky's suggestion is on the money. Most of the bikes I'm looking at are direct sales rather than through a distributor. Fucking annoying.

Might retitle the thread after I narrow a few models down again.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
And having had a short spin on Ultralord’s Scout, I highly recommend it. Feels fast and lively.
Wrong scout mate, the nukeproof’s a hardtail.

Mines a transition. Appreciate the kind words about it though!