Bike/Trike Cargo Carrying Solutions

nitro01

Likes Dirt
G'day lads and ladettes,

I'm currently doing a year 12 graphics assignment - Your task is to design or modify an existing product involved in the ‘last kilometre’ transport of goods into the CBD of major cities. excuse the high school dribble

Anyone got any opinions on ways to transport cargo on a bike? General research has proven crappy chinese framed K-Mart mobiles which look like they'd SNAP immediately...

Two wheels, three wheels, eleventy seven wheels, dirt - able machines, everything!

Thanks in advance!

Nitro

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Search "cargo bikes" for ideas...

Sort of depends on what you're carrying too. Can't see it being practical in all applications, although I could be wrong:

brickie.jpg

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Why bike? Drones are the future. Unless there is more brief you haven't given us such as payload etc.

I'd be designing a busines sthat leases building roof tops and all mail goes through there instead of through the floor.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be looking at some sort of hybrid cargo bike / hand trolley. Sort of thing that would allow the courier to park in a space, load up, and deliver his goods within a 1km range. Then, low and behold, there might actually be parking spaces out the front of shops people want to go into.

nitro01

Likes Dirt
Thank you all for the suggestions!!! Lots of things to think about :)

Questions that need to be answered:

Yes there is more to the brief but it's year 12 dribble, figured that was the most important part

Electric motors (hybrids/eBikes) are acceptable as with the weight bla bla bla

You get the idea

Anyway, thanks for all the replies!

Nitro :)

redbruce

Eats Squid
G'day lads and ladettes,

I'm currently doing a year 12 graphics assignment - Your task is to design or modify an existing product involved in the ‘last kilometre’ transport of goods into the CBD of major cities. excuse the high school dribble

Anyone got any opinions on ways to transport cargo on a bike? General research has proven crappy chinese framed K-Mart mobiles which look like they'd SNAP immediately...

Two wheels, three wheels, eleventy seven wheels, dirt - able machines, everything!

Thanks in advance!

Nitro
No shortage of quality cargo bikes around these days.

http://dutchcargobike.com.au/

http://cargocycles.com.au/

Challenge is coming up with something that hasn't been done already and has a need.

Last edited: