Bikes I like to pretend I can ride....

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
'16 Rocky Altitude 790 Rally

Bought from a friend and tweeked the build to my liking a little.

Large 2016 Rocky Mountain Altitude Rally 790MSL
'16 fox 36 FIT4 160mm forks
'16 Float X evol
Raceface NEXT SL cranks with 34t cinch ring
Industry 9 torch trail wheelset
XX1 cassette
XX1 rear derailleur
XX1 shifter
Saint M820 brakes with R180 & F203 rotors and sick internal routing
Renthal Apex 35mm stem
Generic alloy bontrager bars
Generic bontrager seat
Rockshox reverb stealth seatpost
Shimano XTR trail pedals
Promount Billet chain guide

This bike is by far the best bike I've owned. Shits on my old bronson from a great height and the only thing left to change for me is the wheels/rims. I need something stiffer at 95kg rider weight..

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt

2011 Turner DHR large frame with Fox DHX RC4 rear end..
Have only just picked this up off a friend and haven't begun to collect any parts yet.

I plan to build this as a cheap-ish bike for our local DH tracks, but I don't want it to be a shitter either.

Build will be something along the lines of:

Boxxers or 888's or something reasonably priced and not too heavy
Saint brakes with 203's front and rear
Stans flow's, spanks, or mavic deemax's
Minion dhf 2.5 front and dhr2 2.3 rear
Sram X0 10sp group
Wide as fark bars with oury's

And so on and so fourth...

I am open to suggestions on the build of this thing, DH bikes are new to me.

This arvo I stripped it down to prep it for a respray and repack or replace the pivot bearings as they are well notchy. Plenty of old grease and grime all dried in them..

T.3

Likes Dirt
Very nice but I preferred it with the white Pikes. I thought the Renthal Apex's only came in 31mm and then 40mm?

John U

MTB Precision

2011 Turner DHR large frame with Fox DHX RC4 rear end..
Have only just picked this up off a friend and haven't begun to collect any parts yet.

I plan to build this as a cheap-ish bike for our local DH tracks, but I don't want it to be a shitter either.

Build will be something along the lines of:

Boxxers or 888's or something reasonably priced and not too heavy
Saint brakes with 203's front and rear
Stans flow's, spanks, or mavic deemax's
Minion dhf 2.5 front and dhr2 2.3 rear
Sram X0 10sp group
Wide as fark bars with oury's

And so on and so fourth...

I am open to suggestions on the build of this thing, DH bikes are new to me.

This arvo I stripped it down to prep it for a respray and repack or replace the pivot bearings as they are well notchy. Plenty of old grease and grime all dried in them..

Did you buy it from a fellow burner?

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry yeah the stem length is 40, my bad.

I kinda liked it with the white pikes, just wanted to try the new 36s and well looks won't everything lol

Re the dhr, unsure if he's a fellow burner, know him through FB.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Poor rocky copped a hammering this weekend at kempsey Rollercoaster/superfluous thing lol...

dh1

Likes Dirt
You sure did buy it from a fellow Burner and I originally got it off another burner.
Can't wait to see you build up the dhr. The Rally looks sweet, have always loved them.
How did the race go? Hit that gap?

slowmick

38-39"
is the green tin closing off the landing in the last photo or are you supposed to jump over it? looks like a very big step down...

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You sure did buy it from a fellow Burner and I originally got it off another burner.
Can't wait to see you build up the dhr. The Rally looks sweet, have always loved them.
How did the race go? Hit that gap?
Hey zeb!!
Race was good, conds were absolutely terrible haha, mud for days! Did not hit. Chickened out. Wasn't feeling it this weekend, normally I would have given it a go.
is the green tin closing off the landing in the last photo or are you supposed to jump over it? looks like a very big step down...
The cheese grater is the wall supporting the lander from the creek below. It was 2m drop from the timber ramp to the lip of the lander, and the distance was just under 5m or so.

Pretty decent gap when you consider what the guys have been avoiding racing on earlier in the year!

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thread dig... figured it was about time to update this thread..
My Alti left the building a little while ago sadly, but I ended up replacing it with the last Slayer 790 frameset in Australia.

'17 slayer 790msl size large
Fox float X2
Fox 36 fit4 forks @ 170mm
Hope tech 3 V4 brakes with 203 & 180 floating rotors
Next Sl cranks with 34t raceface ring (might have to go, super close to the chainstays)
X01 cassette and RD
Bikeyoke revive 160mm dropper - this thing is the business!
Nextie DH asymmetric rims with pro4 hubs
Renthal 40mm apex and truvativ steve smith 780mm bars

I used to love my Altitude but this thing is insane! it blows anything else i've ridden out of the park!

Onto the DHR.. I ended up moving it on to a friend who's since built it up and loving it over his old glory. However I'm picking up something pretty cool this weekend from the same burner hehe..

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Fuck me they really knocked it out of the park woth the new slayer.
10/10 would attempt to ride to it's limit. Attempt is the key word there.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck me they really knocked it out of the park woth the new slayer.
10/10 would attempt to ride to it's limit. Attempt is the key word there.
Yeah man they really did! 64deg head angle makes it devastating on the downs. But I find it still very playful.

How do you find Next cranks for something so burly?
It's always in the back of my mind LOL... One day I'm convinced they'll let go. I'm 95kg kitted up too.. not exactly feather weight

Here's a recent vid of a lap at my local on it..

[video=youtube_share;T21OxCj8XK8]https://youtu.be/T21OxCj8XK8[/video]

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And here's the Impending acquisition which we won't tell the wife about :biggrin1:
(sans wheels and brakes)
Thanks Zeb!

John U

MTB Precision
And here's the Impending acquisition which we won't tell the wife about :biggrin1:
(sans wheels and brakes)
Thanks Zeb!

It's not technically buying a bike when it's sans wheels and brakes. No need to tell anyone. I no longer feel the need to let my wife know about that type of superfluous information.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to GV's on sat, picked this up (in pieces) on the way! Slapped her together while waiting for the rest of the gang to arrive, punched out 3 runs in this and about 6 on the slayer.
In spectacular fashion I forgot my 510's so had to remove my ht pedals, borrow some flats shoes and pedals.. Never used before, what an experience! Haha