Biking in Lane Cove National Park - any good?

Iainm

Likes Dirt
I've just moved down to North Ryde and so my nearest trails must be Lane Cove NP. Is there anything technical (steep-ish / Rocky-ish) to ride in there or is it all Fire trails? I've mainly been riding Glenrock in Newcastle for the last couple of years - how does Lane cove compare? Anyone fancy showing me round?

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just moved down to North Ryde and so my nearest trails must be Lane Cove NP. Is there anything technical (steep-ish / Rocky-ish) to ride in there or is it all Fire trails? I've mainly been riding Glenrock in Newcastle for the last couple of years - how does Lane cove compare? Anyone fancy showing me round?
There have been a variety of unofficial trails over the years, and legally mtb is only permitted on the firetrails.

That said, I am sure with some exploring you could uncover some trails - the only non-firetrail stuff I have ridden was a couple of the walking trails. I haven't done any real exploring in about 10 years.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just get on strava, plenty of idiots upload their illegal rides in there. Its good to get some km's under the belt but as dain said bikes are only allowed on fireroad. If you want some good single track riding head up to Old mans valley in hornsby.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We have a regular coffee run through the park most Sundays. I've lived around here pretty much all my life and all the really good stuff is illegal and a lot of it destroyed.

whitey is right, OMV is a short drive and a doable ride from North Ryde if you're keen. If you are happy to have a fat and slow bloke show you around some time send me a pm.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a local in West Pymble and ride the Lane Cove NP trails every week, there are some good tech sections around.. send me a PM I'll be happy to show you some of my regular trails.