Bilt Bikes. What Happened?

0psi

Eats Squid
Wow! I forgot these guys existed. I had a very quick play with one of these a while back and they seemed pretty good. I really thought they were going ahead with production, they went to the trouble of exhibiting at the Canberra Worlds and it all seemed very professional. Ashame if it was abandoned.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go have a look in the project car thread. Bill mentioned not having much spare time lately what with that sexy GT he's been working on... Still coming I thinks!

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do hope the frames still go into production, I had a bounce on a demo one at the Worlds and was very impressed.

binner

Hath shat hymself
it's worth it

stay tuned peeps... good things come to those that wait ,ask the man........... :eek:

binner

Hath shat hymself
Good to hear Binner. How longs the wait though?:p
*looks around for Bill* errr I'll leave that to the big man ;)

seems like that damn GT took priority for a while...... but I hear good things about said frame.

have you been saving those gold coins?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there were two at the Shepparton oceania championships over the weekend. for those that got to see them, with the supper massive amazing turn out. *cough* they were whisper quiet.

dhd

Downhill Direct
Bilt DH bike will still be going ahead. As Binner said, I just got sidetracked for a while restoring my car which had been sitting patiently for 6 years waiting for me to fix it up!
In the mean time there has been a constant tinkering and tweaking with the bike going on in the back ground by a few key people that have really made it a better thing.
By the time it hits production it will look a little different to the ones you've seen but close. As a lot of the development work has also been done on "mates rates" it is a slow process.....But we can see the light at the end of the tunnel getting closer!

Just a note on how good it's been going....The bikes you see at races are the original prototypes we got and are now over two years old! No cracking or breaking problems. All we've had to do is throw some new bearings at them at the beginning of this season and that's it...They have been so reliable it's scary!

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
really do like the logo, its clean, modern, and most of all its legible. and its not an acronym, damn i hate acronyms for names way to many out there