Black Hill, Ballarat...

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Went for an adventure out to the Black Hill Mtb park today and all I can say is wow! That place is freaking rad! The gang who look after it are doing a great job as every run I played on was so much fun. Every trail had really fun flow and utilised every bit of spare hillside. What it lacked in vertical it made up for with pure awesomeness...

And then there are the two pump tracks... they're awesome too!!! So much fun, so little fitness;) I can't wait to go back and play some more;)

moorey

call me Mia
Indeed it is. Dirt Art have done amazing work on what Coota and the crew had laid the foundations for. Lemme know when you're back. Will get a crew and run some shuttles.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Indeed it is. Dirt Art have done amazing work on what Coota and the crew had laid the foundations for. Lemme know when you're back. Will get a crew and run some shuttles.
That sounds great Moorey, I'll touch base. The first run I did I ended up riding around the base of the hill and back up along the road to get to the top. Thereafter I just walked.

Without realising Dirt Art had a hand building the trails, I was telling a friend Deep Lead was like a smaller/shorter Hero... we're heading to Bright in a few weeks to ride the big version too;)

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
I guess there wasn't much left in the budget for publicity, I'm struggling to find out anything about this park on Google. Sounds good though. Any pointers, is it signposted, is there a map?
Cheers

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I guess there wasn't much left in the budget for publicity, I'm struggling to find out anything about this park on Google. Sounds good though. Any pointers, is it signposted, is there a map?
Cheers
There are trail maps up top near the start of the trails. We rode back up the first time though I prefered the walk up. The walk up was a little tricky to find though is pretty obvious once discovered:

At the base, next to the pump track are two good sized table tops. If you're facing the table tops, look to your right and you'll see a track leading away from you, behind the first house that adjoins the reserve. After 10m it jags back left and you'll see the walk up about a further 10m up the trail on the RHS. Follow the well established track up through the middle of two runs and when the gradient eases you'll see a well defined access trail heading upwards to the left, paralleling the jump lines. This track takes you to the car park. Ride straight up the car park to the start of the trails and rinse and repeat;)

While my directions may sound a little convoluted; once you find the start of the walking trail it's pretty easy to figure it out.

My favourite runs were Deep Lead and Sluice(?). Open Cut was fun and has such a fun wall hit after the table tops down the bottom..

https://www.bikeexchange.com.au/blog/black-hill-reserve-mountain-bike-park

http://www.trailmate.com.au/home/vic/blackhill

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/trails-a...alia/trail/black-hill/prd_164654_4515crx.aspx

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers
It was on dirt arts and clubmuds fb pages during construction...but we don't want everyone knowing about it. I prefer the ride up round the road. If you're going the right way, much easier than push-ups, IMHO

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
It was on dirt arts and clubmuds fb pages during construction...but we don't want everyone knowing about it. I prefer the ride up round the road. If you're going the right way, much easier than push-ups, IMHO
Sorry for spilling the beans;) I'll be back soon...

Markee

Likes Dirt
How big is the dirt jump section? Is it for regular mtb or dirt jump/bmx?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
When I rode it a month ago there was a guy on a hardtail/dirt jumper doing the same line as me. So I'd say both for sure. This was not on Open Cut which is predominantly a DH style trail. I believe the jump line is on Alluvial.

moorey

call me Mia
Even more reason for wanting to head back there once the weather gets better. I also just got a dirt jumper for Father's Day.
That pink bike vid is awesome.
Nice one. Looking forward to another catch-up. Felix will be your wingman