Black was '03, White is SOOOO '07 *** Updated Pic ***

treggs

Treggs Tuned
New mountain bike park opened, I have 4 months holidays and now I have this..... It really is Xmas :p

Spec:
Santa Cruz Blur 4X - Medium
Fox 36 TALAS RC2
Fox RP23 rear shock
Saint Cranks - 165mm
Avid Juicy 7's with 8 inch rotors
E-Thirteen DRS chain device
36/26 XT chain rings
Complete XO running gear
Chris King Headset
Wheels : Mavic 521's (old skool) with DT front hub and Dice rear
Funn pedals
Thompson post and stem
Race Face diabolus bars (25.4)
Kenda Blue Groove 2.5 rubber (or Maxxis Holy Rollers)

Attachments

Last edited:

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i gotta say that is one mean machine, trails will be begging for mercy.

and true white is so 07...

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Deffinately think white lowers on those 36's would set it off nicely. It will be a first too.

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
omg,omg,omg.:p that is a sweet bloody bike.just at my local a few days back and i was admiring their blur in the window.ive saved your bike on my computer.ride that horseeeeeeeeeeee

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
I like your rear light mount!

Top bike Treggs. That build kit is absolutely beadiful... but yeah white is sooooo 2006 ya has been :p

ExTrEmE FrEeRiDe

Likes Bikes
dammit that bike is hot :eek: it puts my bike to shame now all you need to do is put white lowers and that bike will look killer but blacks still up there :D

-DAvo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ahhh white, the best colour for the santa cruz's :p

that looks like a whole lotta fun, quite a stable your developing... vpfree and now this.. plus a chameleon (?)

have fun on it :)

treggs

Treggs Tuned
I'm trying to catch Mr Gripper...:D

Actually, I'm going back to one bike for a bit. The VP is for sale (see the forum) and the Chameleon sacrificed most of it's parts for this. The new house is just a bit far from the trails for the VP and I also need some furniture... So this is my perfect one bike solution. I'm sure the old N+1 rule will kick soon though...

ahhh white, the best colour for the santa cruz's :p

that looks like a whole lotta fun, quite a stable your developing... vpfree and now this.. plus a chameleon (?)

have fun on it :)

treggs

Treggs Tuned
Dirt Report: I have finally gotten this baby proper dirty and I'm pleased to say I have made a wise choice. With the 36's wound down and the seat up it feels like an XC bike (a slightly heavy one but I am used to climbing on a VP-Free so it still feels light to me). Slide the seat down and make the forks 6 inches and it actually feels fairly similar to the VP. I thought it would feel a bit more twitchy than it does, although with the forks all the way up it does significantly lengthen the wheel base. I'm still playing with the rear shock and I have managed to get some nice and weird setups. I ran the rear with the recommended pressure for my weight and turned the pro pedal off. This caused an interesting cornering stance. The bike wanted to drop to about half travel and then caused the easiest drifts I have ever done. It almost does it without you thinking. That made for some fun but it was obviously to soft. All I did was turn the pro pedal on and put it in the "1" position and this settled the bike and made it "balanced" rather than very tail happy. So far so good!!!

dasboomsticks

Likes Bikes
WhItE hOt BiKe

Damn that thing is a beast have a good time on the trails with it but i have to agree with everyone else white lowers on the foxes would make it look ace!!

Ska-quatch

Likes Dirt
Nice, would be sick if you got hold of some white halo tornados or similar - white rims plus white bike would look sweet.