blackwood - woodend

shakes

Likes Dirt
Linking some of the GDT to finish a ride at a mates place in woodend.

To try save me spending hours studying maps, has anyone got some roads/tracks/anything in between I should detour to?

GPX files are very much welcomed.

MJG

Likes Dirt
Linking some of the GDT to finish a ride at a mates place in woodend.

To try save me spending hours studying maps, has anyone got some roads/tracks/anything in between I should detour to?

GPX files are very much welcomed.
There are lots of ways of getting from Blackwood to Woodend, generally the further south into the Wombat State Forest you go the more valleys you'll have to dip into and out of. Your choice will depend on how tired you think you might be. The most direct MTB option is to follow these dirt roads:

North Blackwood Rd - Allens Creek Rd - Amblers Lane - Mill Rd - Firth Rd - Campaspe Rd - Burnt Mill Rd - Fingerpost Rd - Boldiston Rd - Ashbourne Rd.

Use a site like ridewithgps to generate your own gpx file. Choosing the OSM Cycle mapping data (underlay?) will show up a lot of singletrack for you to explore. Should only take you 20 min tops if you know what you're doing.

shakes

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the link, that site is fantastic.

I'm guessing legs wont be supper happy by then (starting in bendigo)

shakes

Likes Dirt
Took a very similar route as you described, was thinking of dropping down to obriens crossing then back up XL track but ran time poor.

That hill out of blackwood needed a bit of warning though.