Blind corner single track bell ring design

Cypher

Likes Dirt
your comment about a bell made out of vocal chords, however, was very sensible.
Yeah, but realistically, no one does it. Very few ring their bell - even if they had one. Most don't even slow down - the ones in the Royal actually have nice berms - good for laying the power down.

Besides, you feel kind of silly when yelling out aloud in the bush when no one is around.

And I don't know who you ride with, but I find that I need all the air for me (the Bicycle Garage boys are fast! As is Cronar). I have no spare for yelling. If I tried it will be a dusty wheezle - barely audible.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
And I don't know who you ride with, but I find that I need all the air for me (the Bicycle Garage boys are fast! As is Cronar). I have no spare for yelling. If I tried it will be a dusty wheezle - barely audible.
Even betterer, they can do the yelling for you ... one good reason for being ring stinger ... the whippets also get to enjoy clearing the spiders :cool::D

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Going fast is still possible while riding safely. Like the cat, I don't wan't rules in the bush. We go there to get away from rules. There are some trails that are clearly for bombing DH. In my area and probably plenty of others they also get uphill traffic - no shuttles. What is the problem here. If you are going up you have time to hear, look and react. if you need any corner-specific signage, then just make it one of two options - "uphill rider has right of way" or downhill rider has right of way" (read traffic rather than rider on multi-user trails). I guess a simple "Give Way" sign would do it.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nooooooooooooo. Single directional trails are for people who can't communicate and seem unable to grasp the simple idea that if you want to race you should enter a race

Ummm, I'm not a fan of single directional signage as I feel if you want road rules stay in the city on the roads:eek:
I agree with this.

While riding Wombeyan Caves Rd today it was impossible to ignore the regular signs stating "sound horn around blind corners". Of the 20 vehicles that passed us today about 12 of them were on blind corners and none of them used their horn. If people in cars with big signs on lots of corners cant do it I think it's a big ask for mtbers to do it.

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
Being quite new at XC it dose worry me to at RNP and other places so many riders of all standards.
At one stage had a squeeky back brake that was good and my cassette is quite loud
but this dosent help under power (what ever I have haha)
I know the place pretty well now I thick there should be some signs with rider etiquette
Keep to the left, give way to up hill or down hill,keep to the inside or out side of a corner or what ever.
Im not real sure what to do ,too many corners and tight spots to yell and use a bell just have be alert.Wrong spot wrong time could be a 50km crash just have be carefull thats the fun.
I just stated racing 4hrs race heaps of fun dont have to worry about the above but I will do both great sport.