Blood donors

old4dy

Likes Dirt
the NSW govt, has lost the plot on this one.
Charging private patients for blood that was previously donated.

I am rather pssionate about this issue as I have been a donor since I was an 18 year old, Im now in my 50s.

Am just about to have my own winge campaign, I will contaqct the local statemember and get right in his ear, have already contacted the Red Cross and have let them know, that I will stop further donations, If this travesty is allowed to continue.

Obviously the NSW state govt believes that the constituants of NSW are a mob of drop kicks that will allow anything, hope everyone proves them wrong by making one mother of a noise.

Is this the start are they going to tax us for breathing, one never knows.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I don't know the full story behind this (ie whether this is for profit or to cover up a shortfall etc.) but that definitely doesn't sound right!

Seeing as hospitals/the tax office/the government etc. try and push more and more people into private health care this can only mean more coin for the powers that be. Yet is it their blood to sell?

F***, if I was allowed to actually give blood in this place and I found out the twats who'd taken it were selling it for a profit, I'd sure as hell want MY cut. Otherwise I'd be as well cutting out the middleman and putting it straight on Ebay!

:rolleyes:

Seriously. there's a f***ing dollar sign on everything nowadays...

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mad cow, POSM?

I am O- so should probably give a lot more than I do. Charging for donated blood is a bit low.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Donating Blood on monday after 2 assessments at school. Then attempting to ride home, mind you its about 7-8km. May not be the smartess idea, but we will see.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know the full story behind this (ie whether this is for profit or to cover up a shortfall etc.) but that definitely doesn't sound right!

Seeing as hospitals/the tax office/the government etc. try and push more and more people into private health care this can only mean more coin for the powers that be. Yet is it their blood to sell?

F***, if I was allowed to actually give blood in this place and I found out the twats who'd taken it were selling it for a profit, I'd sure as hell want MY cut. Otherwise I'd be as well cutting out the middleman and putting it straight on Ebay!

:rolleyes:

Seriously. there's a f***ing dollar sign on everything nowadays...

PoSM as you may know... no good deed go unrewarded... i say bleed your self like an emo and sell it on ebay... and if your a good looking bloke, sell some semen while your on there... that will be next... its a farkin joke

old4dy

Likes Dirt
hey lorday dont ride its not good

go to the pub for a schooner after youve done your bit, it will rock you

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
It's a bloody outrage!
yup. we definitely need that slapping 'forehead in exasperation' emoticon on here :p

Actually Whilst I'm here...

If they are going to charge for blood, surely we as customers should get a say in what we get!

I mean, I'm not going to pay good money to have my body contaminated by a product of <heaven forbid> the working class or ginger people!

DeBloot

Feeling old
[I mean, I'm not going to pay good money to have my body contaminated by a product of <heaven forbid> the working class or ginger people![/QUOTE]

That's a good point
I would demand my blood from a blonde haired female virgin of Euro origins.
She would have to be under 16 as there would not be many older than that.
Pure, untainted blood. God, I'd be like a new man.
Could go all night. Just the 1 night tho' probably.