Blores Hil

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all,

I'm heading down to Blores Hill soon and wanted to grab some info from people in the know.

If anyone can suggest the 'best' way to ride the trails and which trails i should not miss, that would be great.
As for our riding, we can be there for as long as we like, so I'd hope we'd do 2 hours of riding at the very least.

I know plenty of people have raved about the place, so let's hear it!

crim 87

Likes Dirt
cant really remember any of the track names but its not to big so you should be able to do most tracks. but def try head up to trig point gets a bet tricky with some tight rocky turns on climb up. but on the way back down its ace with some awsome berms and log rides its pretty awsome in there just explore and you'll have a blast oh and don't put the brakes on before any of the dippers or you want make it out the other side enjoy

dowey42

Likes Dirt
a picture speaks 1000 words - here is my most recent ride at blores.
I've doubled back on a couple of the tracks to get a little more climbing in, but if you follow the general route I've taken, you will get a good look at most of the tracks.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/307762335#.UZxxdKRKbu4.email
Y8sy (new user name pal?) and crim are right, 2 hours should see most of the tracks done.
Smiley J is probably my favourite. The affectionately known amongst locals 'Bastard hill' or Wednesday up the hill is always worth a grimacing smile :smile:

It should be in magnificent condition at the moment. Don't have as much time as Y8sy, so haven't been there for a bit sadly:frusty:

Y8sy

Likes Bikes
Y8sy (new user name pal?) and crim are right, 2 hours should see most of the tracks done.
Smiley J is probably my favourite. The affectionately known amongst locals 'Bastard hill' or Wednesday up the hill is always worth a grimacing smile :smile:

It should be in magnificent condition at the moment. Don't have as much time as Y8sy, so haven't been there for a bit sadly:frusty:
Well spotted Downesy, thought I'd better go with a user name that's a bit more appropriate if I'm uploading gippsland mtb stuff.
There is always plenty of time for you to ride, the hours may not be great though - while I'm on night shift

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks boys,

I'm pretty keen to get down there and have a look around!
Your advice had been duly noted and I'll make sure I take in all you've offered.

Brad

Y8sy

Likes Bikes
Thanks boys,

I'm pretty keen to get down there and have a look around!
Your advice had been duly noted and I'll make sure I take in all you've offered.

Brad
No worries brad, enjoy.
Blores hill is well protected from the weather - it is in a bit if a rain shadow - that is it doesn't cop too much rain. Unless it is coming from the east, pretty much all other rain seems to go around blores, so don't be too concerned if the weather forecast isn't great when you head down this way.